Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Mpg Do You Get? (Diesel Fiestas In Particular)

-Cammy-

Hello everyone,

I've been living with my 59 Fiesta 1.6 TDCI Titanium for a couple of months now and I absolutely love it. Compared to my old 2002 focus lx it feels like I'm riding in style.

I've just taken on a new job which unfortunately requires a 60 mile round trip commute each day. I have not had to commute for a couple of years as I currently walk into work which is of course free. The increase in pay unfortunately is awfully close to the amount I anticipate it will cost me to commute so I'm keen to keep cost to an absolute minimum in order to make the most of my pay rise.

I probably spend 70% of my time in town or on twisty country roads and just 30% on dual carriageways/motorways. With my new job those figures will probably switch.

At the moment if I behave I get about 50mpg which is my benchmark. And thats with AC on and changing gears at less than 2000rpm. I was just wondering what other Fiestas are getting and at any particular road speeds/conditions? And in particular ones similar to mine.

Will I see a significant increase in economy or is that wishful thinking. On dual carriageways I usually sit at 80 on cruise control but because this is shortish commute I can probably hold myself back to as low as 60 if its worth it.

Also, at some point I think I will get my engine remapped as I heard it gives good power and efficiency gains for turbocharged engines. Has anyone got any first hand experience of this?

Thanks and sorry if this is a bit of a boring post! I'll thing of something more interesting next time.

I've had a Fiesta Zetec Eco 1.6 61 plate and curently have a Fiesta Zetec S TDCi 61 plate (both diseasels) so hopefully my figures will help!

The Eco and Zetec S both have different gearing, with the S being approx 300rpm higher at the same speed (Not sure where yours will come into that).

The Eco I had a high as 72MPG sitting at 60ish over a tank with 90% of that being major A & M roads, the lowest I had out of that car was 54MPG over a tank.

The Zetec S I've had 65MPG based on the same as above, however as low as 36MPG over a tank (Yes, I am 21) ;)

If you limit the country road hooning and go as fast as the traffic in front, up to 3 points terroritry - I would expect 50-55MPG would be a fairly reasonable result.

Unable to report on remap side of life - my cars have been company provided and usually change every 12-18 months so wouldnt work for me really.

2009 1.6 tdci (90ps), I do a lot of town driving. Sitting at about 46mpg

From a little experimenting though -- I was only able to get over 60mpg at 55-63mph. Once I hit 70 it starts going down.

I have a 2010 1.6 TDCI (admittedly the Sport van variant) and get around 57mpg on a typical 20 mile A and B road journey. This drops to around 51mpg in Winter.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

I have the 2013 1.5 diesel.

My average is around 62mpg. But then again I sit on the motorway with the cruise control set at 60. I've had it as high as 69 and lowest normal was 57.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

I had a 2013 Econeteic 1.5 and I was getting 71.4, that was not going over 60 mph and taking it really easy.

Is that 71.4 mpg indicated or measured? That's really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

That was indicated but it was very good I am just hoping our new one will be as good as its 100cc larger engine, it went up to that from 67.2 after we had it for a year and it had done 9k miles.

I find that the Fiesta over estimates the mpg by about 5-8mpg.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

• 7 months later...

1.5 tdci Fiesta Titanium. 50 mile journey (twice a day) - 30 miles on motorway. Max speed 60 , average over journey around 25

On two occasions I have had over 80mpg

Normally low to mid 70s

At least 5mpg better than my previous 1.4 tdci Fiesta

Very happy.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club