Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Do You Prevent Parking Attendant From Opening Your Luggage Compartment

juliansdad

Re. 2015 Fusion: I know that I can open the trunk of my car by standing close to the luggage compartment with the key fob in my pocket and pressing the button on the underside of the trunk lid. When I give my car to a valet parking attendant, I want to make sure that he/she can't get into the luggage compartment/trunk.

I see nothing in the car or the owners manual that addresses this question. I want to disable the ability of others to open my trunk. Can you tell me how you lock the luggage compartment /trunk so that the valet parking attendant is unable to access it?

Surely if the key is not near by then it won't open

• Like 1

Valet parking?

You go to posher places than me :D

Unfortunately Ford_Man, that's not the case. There's a couple of ways that a valet parking attendant can get into the trunk without a key:

1. He/she can fold down the rear seat(s)

2. He/she can press the "open trunk" button near the steering column.

Every car that I've owned in the past 20 years has had a rocker switch in the glove box that I can turn off to disable the button in the car that opens the trunk. Then, I lock the glove box and give the parking attendant the key that runs the car, but doesn't open the glove box or the luggage compartment. The only car that I've ever had with fold-down rear seats had locks on them that you had to unlock first in order to enable the fold-down.

Valet parking attendants aren't my only concern. If someone breaks into my car, he/she can easily get into the trunk. I want to make it much more difficult for that to happen.

Short of welding the boot shut and bolting the seat backs in place you're not going to stop anyone getting to the rear of the vehicle.

Surely a Valet would have more integrity than to rifle through your belongings.

It would be all too obvious who was to blame if anything was amiss.

I know my car has a Valet mode but as to what that entails I can't say without perusing my owners manual more intently.

Simple rule of thumb- don't leave anything in the vehicle you wouldn't want to lose.

A cheap blow up doll in a body bag can prove effective for prying eyes.

• Like 2

Or a slavering attack dog ;)

• Like 2

the only real way to stop them opening the boot would be for you to install a secret switch, which controls power going to the motor, but you would have to disable it as you leave the car.

I tend to just empty the car when I take it for a vallet, but I have left my wallet, cash notes and allsorts in the front passage. One day I did it deliberately to see if anything happened to get taken.

They took it alright, cleaned out the console it was in (cupholders and the other bits) and then dropped it all back in there, there was 4 fivers a 2 pound coins, and a pound in change. All £25 accounted for when I returned to the car.

This was at a drive through car wash, where the guys could speak little english, and where I thought if anyone wanted to steal from me, they would have been the ones. I must admit, I was shocked.

Sticker on the rear windscreen that says 24hr recording in progress? or one that says Thieves will be dealt with!

thieves will be tazered and then shot!

& then hung, drawn and quartered ! :)

• Like 1

begger it, never mind thieves "Unauthorised access to this boot will result in...."

. . . a slow agonising death ! :)

• Like 1

This vehicle is fitted with a fingerprint the recognition electrical protection system. Incorrect fingerprints scanned will result in a 240v electrical shock.

Easy to install, wire up a dc converter put the pins up to the boot lid with an led. You have a wireless remote to activate it. Turn it on, led lights next person to touch will regret ignoring the sticker lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club