26 replies to this topic

#16 PointyB

PointyB

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.25
Posted 20 August 2009 - 08:12 PM

Any more pictures of the red ambient lighting without any other lighting extras would be great :) Will give me a proper perspective of just how much light the thing omits :)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 irononreverse

irononreverse

Too much time on the boards

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec Mk7

Posted 20 August 2009 - 10:19 PM

Ive done the same as you in regards to adding the red lights bulbs under the foot wells.. but how do u keep them on while driving? that would look pretty spectacular!!

I dunno, I'd guess you'd have to wire them up to the sidelights so they come on when you turn them on. I'm happy to only have them on for the standard time as the cabin would be much too bright if they were on all the time!

#18 PointyB

PointyB

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Posted 20 August 2009 - 10:22 PM

I really like the red footwell lights, I would love for them to be on all the time during a night-time journey.

COME ON ZETEC OWNERS LEMEE SEE THOSE PICS!

#19 irononreverse

irononreverse

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 10:59 PM

Here's another pic, it's pretty difficult to see them on camera unless I rig up a tripod in the back and leave it on a long exposure. The two dots at the top are where the "submarine" lights are.
The cubby hole light in front of the steering wheel is almost invisible unless you put something white in it, hence my notepad! :P
Posted Image

#20 PointyB

PointyB

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Posted 20 August 2009 - 11:09 PM

Loool thanks for the pic. Doesn't look like it does much to be honest, just a red dot that one can stare at in order to fall asleep :D By the way, would you know if the car has a 6-CD changer or can you only have one CD at any one point? I'm liking the red lit controls though.

#21 irononreverse

irononreverse

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 11:19 PM

Loool thanks for the pic. Doesn't look like it does much to be honest, just a red dot that one can stare at in order to fall asleep :D By the way, would you know if the car has a 6-CD changer or can you only have one CD at any one point? I'm liking the red lit controls though.

Yeah, they don't look much but as they're right next to the passenger and driver's reading lights, it saves a bit of fumbling. They do illuminate the gear stick and handbrake a little. It's more a really soft glow so it's not completely dark in the car. The red glow on the gearstick is actually from the overhead lights so they do do something!

It's just a single slot CD player in mine. If I'm not plugging in my phone/ipod I usually burn an MP3 cd with a selection of songs I want to listen to. I've started creating "themed" discs!

#22 tangotwo

tangotwo

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.25 5 Door

Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:29 AM

What does it do?

Connects an iPod to the AUX input.

#23 irononreverse

irononreverse

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 11:28 AM

Connects an iPod to the AUX input.

I know that it does this, I was just wondering why you'd use this when a perfectly ordinary audio cable would the exactly the same thing.

#24 k8ie

k8ie

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Ford Model: MK7 Fiesta Zetec - Vision Blue
Posted 12 September 2009 - 07:23 PM

hey i am wondering if anyone can help me at all?
i picked up my mk7 zetec yesterday and i have read in this thread that when the side lights are turned on the air con lights come on.
i have tried turning the side lights on and it still does not work :(
any ideas????
cheers

#25 T55

T55

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Ford Model: MK7 Fiesta 1.6 TDCI Titanium
Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:43 PM

I think the cable will work, you just won't be able to skip songs via your wheel or have song info displayed on the screen. Mine just says "AUX"

Here's a pic I took a while back. Ignore the red lights in the footwells, the standard ones are white. I don't have all the ambient lights on in this pic. When the sidelights are switched on, the controls on the wheel and air con light up as well.

Posted Image

The effect is quite subtle, so it doesn't distract you whilst you're driving, but it is a very nice addition and just makes the interior feel a lot cosier.

Having just driven my new Fiesta for the first time at night this evening, I have found the instrument cluster to be too bright. Anyone know of any way of dimming this area?

#26 Focus_ST-3

Focus_ST-3

• PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk2
Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:19 PM

Having just driven my new Fiesta for the first time at night this evening, I have found the instrument cluster to be too bright. Anyone know of any way of dimming this area?

Unfortunately, there is no switch to do this. It is a feature which I miss having as I also find the dials too bright sometimes.

You would have to wire in your own variable resistor to the interior lighting circuit.

#27 JonZS

JonZS

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Name: Jonathan
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
  • Year: 2012

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:38 PM

I know that it does this, I was just wondering why you'd use this when a perfectly ordinary audio cable would the exactly the same thing.

Exactly what I was thinking, it wont transfer data nor charge just the audio :huh:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users