Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta St3 With Mp215.

Russdaz

Is expensive purely on the gains side.. But must admit having just had it done it's very nice.. You can feel torque, specially in 6 o the motorway. Does bark more.

Problem with other chips, they will know if the ecu has been chipped and then reset.

The Bluefin remap is user reversible on demand & undetectable once removed allegedly.

Yeah not sure I believe that, my brother works for a different manufacturer and assures me they can see when these chips have been used.. Even putting a box imbetween they can can tell.

Apparently..

Given that MP 215's max torque output is a very respectable 320nm @ 3000 r.p.m. what are the revs in 6th gear @ 70 m.p.h. ?

Yeah not sure I believe that, my brother works for a different manufacturer and assures me they can see when these chips have been used.. Even putting a box imbetween they can can tell.

Apparently..

It depends on the car though, or even the version of the ECU components / software. Some cars might be set up to log changes to the map, others might not. But even then the change could be detected, it just depends on how the dealer's equipment checks for any changes.

• Like 1

Some where around the 2500 mark I think.. But 6 pulls very well from 40mph in heavy traffic. Felt more like 5th did before.

• Like 1

Given that MP 215's max torque output is a very respectable 320nm @ 3000 r.p.m. what are the revs in 6th gear @ 70 m.p.h. ?

Around 2,750. And looking at the graph on Mountune's site, it's already producing max torque at that rpm, and I can believe that :)

It depends on the car though, or even the version of the ECU components / software. Some cars might be set up to log changes to the map, others might not. But even then the change could be detected, it just depends on how the dealer's equipment checks for any changes.

From having dealings on my last car the parking sensors failed the day after buying the car again from new.. Apparently they have to connect the car up and someone from ford's head Europe checks the data to approve repairs.

• Like 1

Very useful torque / force then ! :)

From having dealings on my last car the parking sensors failed the day after buying the car again from new.. Apparently they have to connect the car up and someone from ford's head Europe checks the data to approve repairs.

That's interesting, and would be worrying if I had any map that wasn't warranty friendly.

Very useful torque / force then ! :)

Yeah, it's great for getting into motorway gaps. I never really need to drop to 5th to do that, but sometimes do just for the fun of it :)

• Like 1

That's interesting, and would be worrying if I had any map that wasn't warranty friendly.

Yeah, I'd say it was scare tactic, but my brother assures me it's what they do have to do at the franchise too, although not ford they sell 3 manufacturers and same applies to them all.

Torque is king in the U.K. as even the most modest car can cruise @ 70 m.p.h. all day long ( if you get the chance ) :)

Superchips are the U.K.'s market leader for remapping & their warranty is fine.

Just had look at there graph. Heard a few people say there claims to be too much when tested.. There Base graph seems high at 206 compared to the Mountune 190, same on the torque.

Now how does the warrentee work cover 3yrs if your engine goes wrong?

They won't be able to tell if it's been mapped, the Bluefin, basically backs up the old calibration settings and then installs the new ones, does the reverse when putting it back on, it will just show the current calibration settings on the car, it doesn't record a history, bit of a myth that, used to have a proper software set up for my clio, same one Renault used but you could map it yourself and pull faults and even do a powergraph live there and then on your laptop and none of the settings ever recorded a history, Fault codes do kind of store, as these crappy OBD readers only clear them they do NOT remove them, Clio had tons in the history lol some very worrying.

But don't worry about ford finding out, biggest issue you'd have is a failure where you cannot map it back.

• Like 1

Apparently it's in the fault codes that can't be flashed clear.

Anyway just done some proper maths looking bluefin and Mountunes map data. Both graphes show a 22 bhp increase in there before and after. Yes the bluefin was 10or so higher but the before graph was 10higher too.

Only way to tell the difference is to run same car on a roller and then switch map data to see which is actually the best.. Suspect there both almost the same on the same car day and roller tbh.

Turbo diesels always seem to benefit more than petrol engines from remapping.

It seems there's very little between Bluefin & MP215 - other than price & warranty & as Phil states there's some improvement with an extra 7.5 % b.h.p. but I suspect the extra torque is the real noticeable difference in an already seriously quick car.

Still not as quick as a Corsa Clubsport, or even the new VXR, seems to be the quickest out there now, reviews on it are pretty damn good too, some far superior factory extras too, like a proper diff, Brembos etc, crap fuel economy but still looks pretty good in the Green, now let's have some hate in this thread.

Mates one hits a ton far quicker than the Fiesta does too.

Ha ha - my Diesel Mondeo is quicker too - but that's not the point ! :)

What does the Mondy do in 2nd gear flat out? issue with the Fiesta is the gearing imo, doesn't even do 60 in 2nd, the 0-60 could be hugely improved by upping the limiter a touch, probably all the maps do for stats on that tbh.

• Like 1

Never had it on full chat in 2nd, 3rd tops out at 95 & will pull from 25 - flat out in 5th is 155 - 6th offers no more speed, just drops the revs.

It's the 505nm that does the trick :)

Still not as quick as a Corsa Clubsport, or even the new VXR, seems to be the quickest out there now, reviews on it are pretty damn good too, some far superior factory extras too, like a proper diff, Brembos etc, crap fuel economy but still looks pretty good in the Green, now let's have some hate in this thread.

It might be quicker but it's still a Vauxhall :P

What does the Mondy do in 2nd gear flat out? issue with the Fiesta is the gearing imo, doesn't even do 60 in 2nd, the 0-60 could be hugely improved by upping the limiter a touch, probably all the maps do for stats on that tbh.

Yeah the 0-60 could be about half a second quicker if the gearing was just a little longer. Of course in the real world it doesn't matter, because nobody is doing 0-60 races.

• Like 1

True . . . 0 - 60 & top speed in excess of 70 m.p.h. are pretty much irrelevant on U.K. roads, it's all about driveability & overtaking power. . & toys & comfort of course.

Why not work the figures from Ford's stated output of 180 b.h.p. / 182 p.s. ?

197 b.h.p. is only temporarily available for 15 seconds at a time when overboost kicks in at full throttle, & of course anyone who owns, or has driven a Fiesta ST will know, 15 seconds at full throttle will see you either run out of road during normal driving conditions in the U.K. and / or exceed the speed limit easily, therefore attaining an output 197 b.h.p. is unlikely to happen very often.

In the real world, on U.K. roads, in any car, overboost is only useful for rapid overtaking in 3rd gear i.m.o.

Why would you work it out from 182ps? Yes the 200ps is time limited but it's unlikely to time out unless on a very long road, rolling road or you keep it in a lower gear, yes it is only at full throttle but so is the 182ps.

MP215 215ps/320Nm 0-60 6.4

VXR 205ps/280Nm on overboost, after 5 seconds that drops to 245Nm 0-60 6.5

diff and brembos are an optional extra so the price will be even higher than an ST

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club