Do Not Sell My Personal Information

[Need Help] Ford Fiesta Mk7.5 - Loud Rattle

Charles2014

Hello Everyone,

I have had my Fiesta Titanium x - 1.0 EcoBoost for just over a Year with 20k Miles on the clock. // It seems to have developed a frigging loud rattle located somewhere near the dash maybe even the Engine Bay.

I am 80% sure its somewhere in the main dash as its too loud for the engine bay!

--

Issue Description:

Loud Rattle when at low revs noise located somewhere around the dash or possible engine bay.

--

I am hoping someone has experienced this kind of issue and are able to assist, Thank You in advance.

Could you record it? So we can have a listen

Sure I will record it after work, I took it to the Ford Garage in Chorley and they said they didn't know what it was....

Could be a dash rattle or a loose turbo plate thingy would have to hear it to work out a better idea

Loose turbo plate! - I bet that is what it is going to be. - Its a loud metal rattle but I will upload a vid this afternoon of the sound.

Following this so I can watch the video later. I'm also getting a rattle at low speeds but it's not very noticeable, just annoying.

Okay mine is aggressively loud, Not been able to get out the office yet so I will film it on the way home.

I had a rattle behind the dash, it sounded like it came from the driver's side vent. took it to ford and they said it was some cables rattling and have fixed it, still rattles now and again, but nowhere near as loud/excessive

my black edition has a rattle which sounded metallic like the one mentioned... turned out to be the sony console which needed some oil to stop

• 2 months later...

Did you ever get this sorted Charles? I should have asked you about it at Ford Fair but forgot it was you that mentioned this problem haha.

I got the Ford mechanics to have a look at the noise mine is making yesterday when it was in for new tyres. They said it could be the exhaust, which would make sense cos it only makes the noise after a good 20-30 mins driving by which time the exhaust would be very hot. I don't know what they did but it hasn't fixed it (good thing they didn't charge me).

• Like 1