Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Low Washer Fluid!!!

sonic113

Thanks guys.

I will keep this post updated on my progress.

Derek

​just for reference do you know what length and thickness of wire you used?

just also wanted to know will this float sensor be ok for the job?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-MK2-2-5-ST-Hatch-Febi-Windscreen-Washer-Bottle-Water-Level-Sensor-/301395100623?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item462c8c43cf

Derek

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-MK2-2-5-ST-Hatch-Febi-Windscreen-Washer-Bottle-Water-Level-Sensor-/301395100623?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item462c8c43cf

yes that's the right sensor as for the wire I just match it with a old ford loom not that up on sizes of wires maybe some one can let us no

Derek

just match whats already there.its only an earth wire

I thought all models of focus came with washer fluid level low warning light. Mines the basic model and even I have it

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I thought all models of focus came with washer fluid level low warning light. Mines the basic model and even I have it

mines a titanium and i had to add the wire and float

mines a titanium and i had to add the wire and float

mibby it was an added option for it we. It got built

Originally I believe it was only on the climate model but an added extra on other models

It's a stupid thing not to include it as standard.

cost me about £10 to do it I wonder what ford would charge :o

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

this is what I've done After I found the wire for the low fluid sensor I run a new wire from it to the big rubber grommet behind the fuse box in to the engine bay I put some silicon seal on the grommet to keep out any water I then run it over to d/side wing and connected to the bottle there is a handy earth connection under that wing so I took my ground of that as for the rubber grommet around

The switch I used a wash pump washer it cost £2.00 plus vat from ford they only sell that on its own you have to cut away the filter like mesh at the bottom of this rubber its not hard

If you want the sensor rubber you have to buy it all £48.00 + vat. I cut the hole in the side of the tank with a Rear Parking Sensors saw that you get with that kit. 20mm I think but test it first on an old plastic can antifreeze can is good hope this helps someone

Derek when you bought your float sensor did you get a sealing washer with it?

if not after your drilled your washer bottle did you just insert the float sensor or did you use a washer to seal it against leaks?

Thanks

Derek when you bought your float sensor did you get a sealing washer with it?

if not after your drilled your washer bottle did you just insert the float sensor or did you use a washer to seal it against leaks?

Thanks

you would need to use the sealing washer other wise would just leak

• Like 2

go to ford and buy the pump washer grommet there £2.00 plus vat don't ask for the sensor level one

as they don't sell it on its own. this fits just as well I used a saw dill bit the type you get with

reversing sensor to cut the hole in the tank I think it 20 mm or so then I used a bit of sealant but

I did not need it. There is a mesh at one end just pull it a way .Hope this helps

• Like 1

go to ford and buy the pump washer grommet there £2.00 plus vat don't ask for the sensor level one

as they don't sell it on its own. this fits just as well I used a saw dill bit the type you get with

reversing sensor to cut the hole in the tank I think it 20 mm or so then I used a bit of sealant but

I did not need it. There is a mesh at one end just pull it a way .Hope this helps

Thanks

I will call into my local ford maybe next week when I'm past and see about the pump washer seal.

Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...

my Low Washer Fluid light just come on with a chime for the first time

today so the wire I found is the right one well pleased and it didn't cost that much to do

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club