Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fist To Focus St...

dmizz93

Hey, will be posting this in the Focus section too..

Just after a bit of info, coming in to 9 months in to my PcP agreement and although I love the Fiesta I'm looking for a bit more..

I was tempted by the Focus before i even got the Fez but the offer put on the table for my fiesta was too good to turn down at the time (yada yada yada)

Wanted to know if anyone has changed from fiesta to focus after 9 months (ST for ST) and if so approximately how much more it was p/m to change...

I've already had a couple of quotes from CarWow which comes in roughly 6k more than the fiesta - obviously with a higher residual value I can't accurately work out how much this will be per month! Ideas?

Toying with the idea of the ST diesel as I've done 11k in 8 months, have mountune bought a map out for the diesel yet?

So many questions I know but I hope they'll all be answered!

Ta

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Superchips are heros for Diesel tuning imo.

There is an offer with Gateway2lease at the moment, under £200PM for the ST3 Derv Focus with a minimal deposit, under 1K.

Before committing look at how much both options will cost, such as trading in early and taking it with the stealer or just ditching it early and taking it out elsewhere.

2nd option may well be cheaper given the deposit is about 3k less than what Fraud are asking for.

That's not too back actually (g2l offer) though I did put 3k into the car as a deposit so was looking to keep some of the in the new motor. Will pop in to the dealer when it's time to change just always more difficult to haggle them when upgrading..

Superchips get the Derv from 182 to around 220 with 490Nm of torque which sounds like a bit of fun ;)

Over 10% so pretty good, most of them carry a guarantee that you'll save fuel or your money back, worth a look. derv only.

this focus seems to have some silly cheap deals going at the moment, hopefully it's a good car, should do well.

Sounds like a good idea if the Focus is what you want and you can afford it. But a diesel ST seems like an oxymoron to me :P

Sounds like a good idea if the Focus is what you want and you can afford it. But a diesel ST seems like an oxymoron to me :P

Agreed, It's only 180bhp but will be much kinder ar the pumps.

My petrol beaST is a tad thirsty.

To be honest I'd only get it if I was chipping it just to get that extra bit of power and torque.. 60mpg vs an average of 34? No brainier in that respect!

Traded in our 63 plate Fiesta ST 2 for a 15 plate Focus ST 3 petrol in March - no comparison t.b.h. - Focus wins hands down & the Fiesta was an awesome little car.

• Like 1

Traded in our 63 plate Fiesta ST 2 for a 15 plate Focus ST 3 petrol in March - no comparison t.b.h. - Focus wins hands down & the Fiesta was an awesome little car.

If you don't mind me asking how much were you paying for the fez and then how much extra are you now paying for the focus, just so I can get a rough idea :)

It was a cash deal, not P.C.P., sorry for the error.

Beware superchipped diesel ST's in your rear view mirror Phil . . . huge usable torque & b.h.p. :)

• Like 1

Beware superchipped diesel ST's in your rear view mirror Phil . . . huge usable torque & b.h.p. :)

Yeah had a quick look on superchips as MTune don't do a diesel map yet..

Goes up to something like 218bhp and 490NM of torque which is awful tempting.. Would EGR blanking and DPF deletes work well on new cars as well?

^ I thought it was illegal to remove the DPF?

By the way not all Dervs even have DPF's plus the "problems" with them only affect something like 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of the owners, there is nothing wrong with them. a lot of it is scare mongering or caused by neglect.

• Like 1

^ Isn't it still true that you can have problems with the DPF if you do mostly short journeys and hardly ever take the car for a blast so it can regenerate? Or is that what you mean by the problems only affecting 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of owners? lol

By the way not all Dervs even have DPF's plus the "problems" with them only affect something like 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of the owners, there is nothing wrong with them. a lot of it is scare mongering or caused by neglect.

Yeah I was aware that not all have DPF's, was almost certain I'd read somewhere that deleting the DPF causes smoother running and no regens whilst trying to boot it to catch up with all the petrol ST's ;)

It depends on the journeys you do, with the DPFs.

Lots of short journeys will do them no good.

^ I'm sure all the blasting about it will get will keep it nice and clean.

I don't think it'll make any difference other than weight loss tbh, you also need to find someone selling a replacement pipe, given it's a new car for Ford it'll be non existent or stupid money.

Not something that would be make or brake to me tbh

still a newly mapped one would probably pull to the red line in 6th with no issues.

True, my 05 Mondeo ST TDCi had a Cat & newer Ford diesels have the C.D.P.F. - my 2014 TXS does.

CDPFs still don't like short journeys.

The new BlueHDI pugs actually have a type of double DPF, ceramic and adblue.

CDPFs still don't like short journeys.

True.

^ Isn't it still true that you can have problems with the DPF if you do mostly short journeys and hardly ever take the car for a blast so it can regenerate? Or is that what you mean by the problems only affecting 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of owners? lol

DO NOT buy a diesel car with a DPF if you do town driving or short journeys... ive had the experience first hand hence i now have a little petrol ST3 :D

• Like 3

Regardless of whether I did short journeys or not I think a mapped Derv ST would warrant frequent unnecessary blasts, like every.!Removed!.day!

Regardless of what this forum thinks, fact of the matter is.......you need to go and BUY one! and show it off on here.

• Like 1

Regardless of what this forum thinks, fact of the matter is.......you need to go and BUY one! and show it off on here.

All in good time Matt, all in good time.

Rang one of the dealers up from CarWow RE their quote on the ST and had a good conversation regarding taking mine in to them as opposed to the supplying dealer.

Posed the question regarding MTune for the Derv and nothing confirmed so mentioned bluefin + interestingly the dealer told me that their dealership uses bluefin software on their demonstrator vehicles and that it's extremely unlikely a dealership would be able to tell whether a remap had been placed on their without looking for it.

So I'm gonna get a bluefin then go for the Mountune badges to add a few extra ponies :p

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club