Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fist To Focus St...

dmizz93

So the dealer you spoke to has just admitted to false advertising.

Using a bluefin map on a demonstrator....

^ Wonder what Ford would say about that? Dealer car goes bang and then they claim warranty hours back on it to repair it, telling them it was all legit?

So the dealer you spoke to has just admitted to false advertising.

Using a bluefin map on a demonstrator....

Ahaha yeah... I did want to question it - most probably bs to entice me to buy it safe in the knowledge bluefin can be done but time will tell!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Regardless of whether I did short journeys or not I think a mapped Derv ST would warrant frequent unnecessary blasts, like every.!Removed!.day!

Thats great if you do a few miles on the Blast ! at a certain speed at a certain rev range and at a full working temp !

my last car was a 2.2 mazda 3 remapped to 237bhp and 500nm or torque great fun but destroyed front tyres :D :D

my work and driving style does not suit modern diesel engines, that is why i went to a petrol.if you do fast A roads dual carriageways and motorways several times a week great but if not stay clear...

when a DPF needs a regen if the engine criteria is not met (TEMP,REVS,SPEED) then the extra diesel injected to do the regeneration is dumped back into the engine oil therefore thinning the oil !!!

at first i did not believe the service manager until he told me to dip the oil and smell it, yes it smells of fuel !! WTF !!! that is why a lot of modern oil burners say to have the oil changed when it rises on the dip stick .yes rise's because of the extra fuel in the oil.

anyone who does not believe me just call a decent garage and ask how it works.....

• Like 1

Still......100,000+ taxi drivers in Mercs, Frauds and even VX's manage to do over 300K in a few years in a derv without problems.

Even blackcabs doing pointless 1 mile journeys seem to be ok daily.

Yes but most don't have dpf .check it out bud just some free advice from someone who has experience of it .

A diesel can work for short journeys if they are one after another as the engine is up to to temp.

It is when you commute short journeys and the engine is always cold that it becomes a problem.

• Like 2

A diesel can work for short journeys if they are one after another as the engine is up to to temp.

It is when you commute short journeys and the engine is always cold that it becomes a problem.

Yes that can be an issue,but not only that the engine has to be in a certain rev range at a certain speed for a set amount of time to regen the DPF.

if you go for a blast and think the regen has finished and it has not thats when issues can arise also.....no such problem with modern petrol engines....

Which is exactly why I part ex'd my 2.0 tdci for a new 1.5 ecoboost :)

• Like 1

^ Yeah if I didn't hate diesels enough already, I do now after hearing all this nonsense about DPFs. The idea that the engine has to go into a different mode temporarily to stop part of it from destroying itself is more than enough to put me off, regardless of what mpg a diesel can get.

Do some in depth research Phil, D.P.F.'s & C.D.P.F.'s aren't as bad as all that ! :)

• Like 1

Honest John's D.P.F. page dispels a lot of myths & hearsay.

Must be the only thread on here where people are trying to put someone off buying a new car,

Another reason for doing so, the country needs the money from the VAT.

Must be the only thread on here where people are trying to put someone off buying a new car,

Another reason for doing so, the country needs the money from the VAT.

The diesel cars with DPF are great if used correctly :D

• Like 1

In short, low mileage journeys, especially with cold starts, are not kind to D.P.F.'s, C.D.P.F.'s & E.G.R.V.'s on any diesel powered car as operating temperatures required for passive regeneration are not achieved & consequently only active regeneration will burn the accumulated soot trapped in the D.P.F. / C.D.P.F.

That is an indisputable fact.

Avoid that and a diesel car is a joy to drive in my experiences since 2006

• Like 2

In short, low mileage journeys, especially with cold starts, are not kind to D.P.F.'s, C.D.P.F.'s & E.G.R.V.'s on any diesel powered car as operating temperatures required for passive regeneration are not achieved & consequently only active regeneration will burn the accumulated soot trapped in the D.P.F. / C.D.P.F.

That is an indisputable fact.

Avoid that and a diesel car is a joy to drive in my experiences since 2006

Totally agree.

• Like 1

Do some in depth research Phil, D.P.F.'s & C.D.P.F.'s aren't as bad as all that ! :)

Yes I'm probably being overly dramatic haha, and if I didn't already dislike diesels I probably wouldn't be bothered about the rare DPF problems. Instead it just becomes one more reason to dislike them. But it's mainly the noise and the fact that they aren't as environmentally friendly as we were all led to believe.

Yes I'm probably being overly dramatic haha, and if I didn't already dislike diesels I probably wouldn't be bothered about the rare DPF problems. Instead it just becomes one more reason to dislike them. But it's mainly the noise and the fact that they aren't as environmentally friendly as we were all led to believe.

The odd thing is that the newer smaller diesels are more enviromentally friendly than their older petrol equivalents - hence the good value V.E.D.

At 70 in 5th / 6th in my Mondeo you'd never know it was a diesel- quieter than church mouse due to lower revs than petrol equivalents, in fact in 6th @ 70 it's revs are a mere 1500 r.p.m. - barely ticking over. :)

• Like 1

Well just had a chat with Russell and Perry's HW who originally sold me the Fiesta..

Obviously told him I was looking to switch (either for a new fez or a Focus ST 3/3 Nav both w/ metallic paint. rear sensors and all that..

He told me he would be more than happy to do a quote over the coming days just to get a marker of how much it would cost to swap for a new fez/focus.

I was shocked when he rang back like 20mins later having done both quotes for me.. even more shocked to find out that although i'm paying £123 p/m for the fez currently that jumps to circa £170?! He'd explained that in the last month priv amounts have changed on fiesta's/less deposit allowance etc..

what was even more shocking is that the Focus came in at approximately £180 p/m.. I was expecting north of £200 per month but am pleasantly surprised with the focus figure! obviously its not too much more than the quote for a new fiesta due to the difference in residual values etc. So i'm gonna have a test drive and see if I like the motor enough to swap. But since i'll be due a service in less than 1000 miles and a set of new tyres it makes sense to put that extra £400 in to paying for the Focus

Thoughts?

Indeed.

You will kick yourself if you don't.

I'm having the exact same dilemma at the moment. Went into fords last week and had a go in a focus st. Was really nice to drive but dont really need a bigger car and not sure if it will be too big. Budget won't stretch to a focus st3 so it's either fiesta st3 and get all the toys or go for the focus ST2.

Also about the privilege discount... I think the amount isn't going down on the focus but you get free metallic paint where as the fiesta is going down to £1200 with free metalic paint. Apparently trying to reduce the amount of non metalic cars sitting around after we go for the cheapest and then all change at 9 months :lol:

• Like 1

I'm having the exact same dilemma at the moment. Went into fords last week and had a go in a focus st. Was really nice to drive but dont really need a bigger car and not sure if it will be too big. Budget won't stretch to a focus st3 so it's either fiesta st3 and get all the toys or go for the focus ST2.

Also about the privilege discount... I think the amount isn't going down on the focus but you get free metallic paint where as the fiesta is going down to £1200 with free metalic paint. Apparently trying to reduce the amount of non metalic cars sitting around after we go for the cheapest and then all change at 9 months :lol:

Yeah that's what I got told as well, tbf it makes sense from a business point of view, I did consider the focus in stealth grey but if there's free metallic paint to be had I can't say no! Unless they gave me the money off as extra? Will have to ask!

Am yet to test drive one but can't wait!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club