Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Polish/wax To Use Opinions

deziie3

hello guys/girl's just wondering what you're opinion on which you find the best polish wax is to use i have the car in candy blue any opinions are great but someone with same colour car would be awesome to get the best protection and shine and look for my car

I use Autoglym Super Resin Polish and then Armor All Shield on top (acts as a wax but way easier to apply and protects against grime) the finish is brilliant :)

I also use autoglym polish but there are many different types of waxes/polishes its just down to personal preference and budget

I had the candy blue zs and now got a spirit blue st. I used chemical guys or autoglym polish. Chemical guys jet seal is really good to, leaves a nice shiney finish that lasts up to a year. Then some dodo juice wax to finish things off

cheers :)

autogylm polish in bottle is what I'm using now and got some of that turte thing wax at the moment not to keen on it tho im not to bothered about the arm ach i just want the best shine to bring out the gorgeous colour most i can and protection for my paint at not the high end cost how many times would you polish and wax your car a year also whats best way of getting tar off

If you go on cleanyourcar.co.uk the prices and products are really good. I was mine every couple of months to be honest.

For getting tar off you can get special removers, I've just got a spray can version and that works well

right i will after have a look cheers buddy

If you already have auto glym SRP protect it with their extra gloss protection EGP, cheap, easy to apply and lasts quite well.

so put this extra gloss protection on straight after iv cleaned of the polish and mark how many times do you polish and wax yours i was thingking polishing it once a month and waxing it around 3 times a year

I'm dying to wax my car but weather still poor here. Always seems to get worse at weekends too.

Once you get the Auto Glym Extra Gloss Protection on you don't have to polish the car again. Every 2 to 3 months quickly apply EPG to keep it nice and shiny. It doesn't take long to go over the car.

I use Auto Glym every time i give it a good clean.

Can you use Super Resin Polish after every wash being a resin polish if you wanted..

On a good wash i use Demon shine (foam) rinse then dry and Auto Glym super resin polish and thats it.

Seems ok and water just runs off it.

I would highlight recommend either Dodo Juice Blue Velvet or Collinite 915... both proper waxes. The Blue velvet costs more but is easier to apply and the finish is unbelievable (pics of my old car):

post-54954-0-36054100-1431883286_thumb.j

post-54954-140346121979_thumb.jpg

Since I got my new one though I have used Collinite 915 which was cheaper (and is harder to apply) but leaves an equally epic finish:

post-54954-142786930615_thumb.jpg
post-54954-142602158265_thumb.jpg

Harder to apply and they do cost more but you get what you pay for :) The Dodo is the way to go if you can afford it!

• Like 1

so put this extra gloss protection on straight after iv cleaned of the polish and mark how many times do you polish and wax yours i was thingking polishing it once a month and waxing it around 3 times a year

Yes, after polishing, apply the EGP, leave for 30minutes and wipe off. I use it on my transit, EGP seems to last about 6 months, don't need to polish it after every wash, after a wash go over the car with a quick detailer, which will keep the shine and maintain the EGP.

Always use gtechniq liquid crystal 2cv3 on mine. Will apply some of there c1 topped with exo and then just the liquid crystal in the summer after a machine polish.

post-42617-143189550011_thumb.jpg

post-42617-14318955478_thumb.jpg

Always use gtechniq liquid crystal 2cv3 on mine. Will apply some of there c1 topped with exo and then just the liquid crystal in the summer after a machine polish.

post-42617-143189564964_thumb.jpg

Autoglym EGP on offer on amazon,just got me one :) free next day delivery.

I swear by Autoglym. Following their full set of instructions means I only clean my frozen white Focus once a month. The polish works brilliantly and the wheel protection spray works surprisingly well.

White cars are a bugger to keep clean but Autoglym makes it a lot easier.

• Like 1

how long are you meant to leave polish on for? I've been leaving mine like 3 mins and they all do look nice and shiny! any chance of any of your sending me a eBay link to everything i need step by step because you say after every wash go over it with a detailer and i don't even know what that is same with the EGP no idea I'm not really a car person well i love them don't get me wrong i just don't know everyhing about them also what window cleaner spray do your use as iv been told if you have tints you can only use a special one

doesn't matter about links but do your guys fancy giving me this link then once iv passed my apprenticeship I'll be trying them all

what you use...

car:

car wash foam:

car shine:

windows:

wheels:

interior:

wax:

polish:

best quick detailer:

engine cleaner:

extra's:

When weather gets better I'm going to buy me autoglym. I have some micro fibre cloths. Are these ok to put on with and rub off ? Or should I be looking for something else ?

When weather gets better I'm going to buy me autoglym. I have some micro fibre cloths. Are these ok to put on with and rub off ? Or should I be looking for something else ?

Here is my previous mega detailing post!

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?/topic/61503-Detailing#entry408374

Bit extreme for me. I won't be buying any machine. Just wondered if the micro fibre cloths were a good or bad idea

A good idea.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club