Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Titanium X

Hudson0804

Hi Guys,

I have a few questions relating to my focus.

Its a 61 plate focus titanium x 2 tdci (if that matters).

Anyway.

First thing, when i pair my iPhone with my radio, i lose all my text alerts, i thought these cars did text alerts of some kind (if not text read back) - arte these optional extras?

The car came with the sat nav built in with the standard ford head unit - IMG_4025.jpg

I have a menu option for DAB - i.e if i got through the radio menu DAB1 DAB2 is listed- but theres no option to tune in stations, does this mean i don't have DAB or that its broken?

Is there a way of knowing what model head unit i have, is there a way of updating my sat nav?

I've also wondered if there's any sort of update available for my head unit.... is this is something i can do find out or is it a ford only job?

One other thing i was thinking about.

I have the push button start but the remotes are a little battered on the back (the ford bit which covers the key) - can these be purchased separately? Ive had a google but cannot find anything other than second hand remotes as an entire unit.

Thanks

H

your age of focus wont have text message reading

• Like 1

Would of thought the titanium x had the Sony sat Nav head unit?

I have this on my titanium nav & it's text compatible.

• Like 1

The early TitX you had a choice of Ford Satnav, ( replacing the Sony Standard Dab), or the Sony Satnav)

Press the FF button to scan the stations or use the Four buttons along the bottom, two each side, it will list on the bottom of the screen what button does what.

You could probably buy newer cards, but first I would check with Ford, if they are available, then once you know, eBay it

• Like 1

The rear covers for your key fob are available from Ford for about £15 and are part (Finis) number 1756421.

• Like 1

thanks for the responses folks.

In relation tot he DAB, i only have a TP button available when i try and select DAB1 or DAB2.

I've got a 63 plate Focus S and although My phone paired easily enough and I tried, I couldn't get texts through my radio. I was given a new company phone last week. Paired it with the car and was very surprised when it alerted me to an incoming text message. And it gave me the options of reading or listening to it! Very surprised but pleased as didn't think it has the option.

Is your phone a compatible one? My new one is a HTC Desire 620. (Would have preferred a more 'manly' name like Hulk 620, or Armageddon. :-))

• Like 1

Its iPhone 6.

Im confused to !Removed! with really... im not so much bothered about text reading, just text alerts... i know texting whilst driving :o ....

When i'm on the phone in the car i get text alerts through the Speakers... just when i've got the radio on etc it doesnt alert at all.

Oh i forgot to ask... whats the name for my head unit... because googleing, ford standard headunit focus comes back with a few too many results.

Hi Folks,

Me again with another query/question.

I'm finding the car a little bit "hit and miss" in first gear, especially when pulling away.

So im in first gear looking to pull away, accelerator down clutch rising up... meet the bite pull away. On occasion (more often than not) the car will over rev and then under rev like i'm over cooking it, then its a case of pulling away (slowly - like 3k revs to get up to 15mph) or it shoots off like a rocket or it kangeroos.

It honetsly feels like i have zero clutch control, but this happens regardless of what my feed are doing.

I can hold the car on the bite on a hill and its not slipping.

My MPG isnt great either, 36 MPG for a journey to and form work - whilst this isnt anything concrete as you cant know my driving style, this feels low to me..

I'm not sure if this makes much sense but i found this article, and i wondered if i was alone in this experience..

http://www.talkford.com/community/topic/200739-20-tdci-titanium-x-sp-163-over-revving-issue/page-3

Hi Folks,

Me again with another query/question.

I'm finding the car a little bit "hit and miss" in first gear, especially when pulling away.

So im in first gear looking to pull away, accelerator down clutch rising up... meet the bite pull away. On occasion (more often than not) the car will over rev and then under rev like i'm over cooking it, then its a case of pulling away (slowly - like 3k revs to get up to 15mph) or it shoots off like a rocket or it kangeroos.

It honetsly feels like i have zero clutch control, but this happens regardless of what my feed are doing.

I can hold the car on the bite on a hill and its not slipping.

My MPG isnt great either, 36 MPG for a journey to and form work - whilst this isnt anything concrete as you cant know my driving style, this feels low to me..

I'm not sure if this makes much sense but i found this article, and i wondered if i was alone in this experience..

http://www.talkford.com/community/topic/200739-20-tdci-titanium-x-sp-163-over-revving-issue/page-3

There is a PCM (ECU) update to fix the unpredictable power.

I had it done in my old Focus, made the world of difference.

• Like 1

There is a PCM (ECU) update to fix the unpredictable power.

I had it done in my old Focus, made the world of difference.

Hi Sorry to be a pain, but what sort of cost can i expect to incur? I've spoken with ford and they said I'll have to pay for a diagnostic and then whatever on top..

You've made me feel a lot better about my purchase as i was worried that i'd be chasing my own tail on this

H

It is just going to be the labour charge really.

Mine was done under warranty, but I imagine yours is out of the original 3yrs now.

I think it takes 30-60 mins to complete. So no more than 1 hrs labour charge of your local dealers rate.

• Like 1

my 09 titanium reads my txts for me,got a nokia lumia 630 and sony dab stereo

my 09 titanium reads my txts for me,got a nokia lumia 630 and sony dab stereo

I dont have the sony DAB though just the headunit as in the above image.

Could this be the reason why.

I'll ask ford :D

I haven't got the Sony head unit either. Just the standard unit like Johns with DAB.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I thought i'd update you all.

The random first gear off power was solved with an update and a new fuel filter.

The DAB issue - seems my headunits broken and needs replacing... at 440 quid for a new one me thinks i'll live withit.

H

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club