Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Numberplate Light Reversing Camera 2012 Fiesta

maatt

Hey People!,

Before commenting; I have searched the forum, I have looked at the guides in this forum!

I'm trying to install a reverse camera into my 2012 Ford Fiesta.

However I have came across an obstacle!

Now this camera is the Number plate camera which you replace the OEM number plate light, with one that has the camera built in (see image below)

$_12.JPG

So, I've now removed the OEM number plate light.. and connected the camera+light with crimp connectors taped it all up and fed all the wires into the hole that the light sits in.

then I took the plastic inside of the boot door leaving just the metal interior,

and I can't find where these wires come out at all! its all blocked in with metal,

there is no where i can see where to feed the wires through from the number plate bit..

Now I'm hoping someone here has done one of these..

if i was to remove the trim above the light (see image below) would that give me access to the wires??

$_35.JPG

my other option is the universal camera that you'd need to drill a hole in the rear bumper, but i'd want to try and avoid doing this!!

Thanks!

What about taking the plastic trim off from inside the boot door? That should give you access a think

• Like 1

What about taking the plastic trim off from inside the boot door? That should give you access a think

"then I took the plastic inside of the boot door leaving just the metal interior,"

the hole where the numberplate light goes is all enclosed on the interior, so i can't feed the power and the video cables through anywhere..

You need to remove the plastic trim that the number plate lights and boot release go into, there should be some 10mm bolts inside the boot that hold this on

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club