Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk Iv Mondeo Remap?

andyb07

I've got a 2013 mkvi 2.0 tdci, thinking of having it remapped from 140 bhp to 168 bhp.

Has anybody else done it?

What were the results like?

Any mechanical issues/failures since the map?

Had my MK4.5 2014 2.2 200ps TDCi done by Superchips - all's good ! :)

Which remap are you getting ?

Was looking at 1 done by advanced tuning, 168 hp and up to 380 nm torque

The numbers seem reasonable & safe.

I had my 2008 done 6 months ago and she's sweet,no mech probs and no difference in fuel consumption.......defo do it

• 2 weeks later...

I've been looking into getting my Mk4 TX 2.0TDCI remapped, I'm trying to find a reputable garage to carry out the work. The nearest shop to me seems to be Dashboard Fixer in Paisley, part of Quantum Tuning. I can't really find any good press about the place, but no bad press either, so I'm not sure what to think. The very name of the place gives me pause for starters, but I've heard that Quantum are a decent lot.

Anybody here heard of/visited this mob before? Failing that, any recommendations for any other remapping garages in the Glasgow/Paisley area of the country?

Finally, anything I should be aware of with regards to the pre-facelift 2.0TDCI in particular?

Superchips Bluefin - get the best - i.m.o.

Did you put your motor into one of their garages or did you buy a plug-and-play handset?

Me ?

I did both.

Me ?

I did both.

Really? I was looking at their website and the two options available seemed to be either pay £399 for just a DIY bluefin handset with the remapping software already programmed, or ~£360 to take the car to one of their shops where they will remap it for me. I got the impression that if I took my car into their shop then I wouldn't be walking away with a handset for the same price. If that is the case, and it included a before/after rolling road, then the latter opton makes a hell of a lot more sense to me.

Whatever the outcome, Superchips are sounding like the best way to go from what I've read on here. By the way, that Mondeo of yours looks outstanding! I like my black TX, but I'm shamefully jealous of white TXS' when I see them on the road!

• Like 1

Is there any particular reason your thinking Superchips over quantum? I'm still unsure which to use.

Yes really.

A forum member had a bad experience with a company called Quantum tuning recently - thread topic on here somewhere.

Thank you, the MK 4 .5 Mondeo 2.2 TDCi TXS is a good car.

Superchips are the best i.m.o. due to their history & commercial partnerships with the likes of Porsche & V.A.G. etc.

Is there any particular reason your thinking Superchips over quantum? I'm still unsure which to use.

I'm basing that decision on the (admittedly small) amount of feedback I've read over the last few days, endorsements from TXS and others and I also happened to read that thread TXS mentioned about somebody's poor experience with Quantum. In all honesty, I don't think there is much between them, they are both large chains with a nationwide reputation and the advantages in customer service that brings with it.

I'll probably give Quantum a call to see what they can quote me, but I'm under the impression that Superchips are simply better at this game.

Also, thanks for the advice TXS. Muchly appreciated :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I bought Bluefin for my Mondeo ST TDCi along with a decat pipe and then sold them both on separately when i sold the car.

The Bluefin was great, 10mins to load the map and the original is stored in the handset incase you want to change it back.

Ok your in Lancashire. I'm in Manchester and travelled to Sheffield to get a mk4 140 horse mondy remapped and DPF gutted. £350 all in and the difference was amazing. Look up Andy ECU Flash Sheffield. He was recommended by a forum member a couple of years ago. No issues what so ever.

Ooooops forgot to mention power went up to 171 horse or 140 at the wheels.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club