• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 coxie

coxie

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Ford Model: ford c-max
Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:02 PM

Hi I have a 1.8 Ford C-MAX on a 53 plate, which has a intermitant fault code P2008 Intake Manifold runner control circuit / open bank 1. I have had this reset twice but it keeps coming back, and when the Engine warning light come on the car becomes slugish and will not pull away properly. Can anyone tell me what is a Intake Manifold runner control circuit and if I can be change without going to a garage and how much?

Thank you

Dave

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Harv

Harv

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Laurence
  • Ford Model: C-Max 1.8
  • Year: 2004

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:43 AM

Hi I have a 1.8 Ford C-MAX on a 53 plate, which has a intermitant fault code P2008 Intake Manifold runner control circuit / open bank 1. I have had this reset twice but it keeps coming back, and when the Engine warning light come on the car becomes slugish and will not pull away properly. Can anyone tell me what is a Intake Manifold runner control circuit and if I can be change without going to a garage and how much?

Thank you

Dave

I had exactly the same symptoms as Coxie. In my case the problem turned out to be the solenoids located top right of the engine which control (using manifold vacuum) the airflow in the inlet manifold. As there are two identical solenoids, I switched them over to see if the fault changed, and it actually went away so I presume one of the valves is not monitored. As least my intermittent P2008 fault had gone.

I replaced both solenoids with a Engine Air Shutoff Control, Ford part no 1357313, cost 61.78

Hope this help somebody

#3 shaunytee1600

shaunytee1600

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
Posted 06 September 2014 - 02:32 PM

Does anyone have a pic of this please ?

Power is nothing without control .

#4 BOBajz

BOBajz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Petr
  • Ford Model: FOCUS
  • Year: 2009

Posted 30 September 2014 - 06:33 PM

Harv: you saved me!

I had the same problem with my Ford Focus 2.0 2009 last two years, but no one could solve my problem. I spend quite lot of money on repairs. Finally I tried to do it myself. And after half an hour (I switched solenoids) enigine works as a new. I am going to buy new one in the future, but finally I found the problem!

Thank you.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users