Do Not Sell My Personal Information

P2008 Intake Manifold runner control circuit

coxie

Hi I have a 1.8 Ford C-MAX on a 53 plate, which has a intermitant fault code P2008 Intake Manifold runner control circuit / open bank 1. I have had this reset twice but it keeps coming back, and when the Engine warning light come on the car becomes slugish and will not pull away properly. Can anyone tell me what is a Intake Manifold runner control circuit and if I can be change without going to a garage and how much?

Thank you

Dave

• 2 years later...

Hi I have a 1.8 Ford C-MAX on a 53 plate, which has a intermitant fault code P2008 Intake Manifold runner control circuit / open bank 1. I have had this reset twice but it keeps coming back, and when the Engine warning light come on the car becomes slugish and will not pull away properly. Can anyone tell me what is a Intake Manifold runner control circuit and if I can be change without going to a garage and how much?

Thank you

Dave

I had exactly the same symptoms as Coxie. In my case the problem turned out to be the solenoids located top right of the engine which control (using manifold vacuum) the airflow in the inlet manifold. As there are two identical solenoids, I switched them over to see if the fault changed, and it actually went away so I presume one of the valves is not monitored. As least my intermittent P2008 fault had gone.

I replaced both solenoids with a Engine Air Shutoff Control, Ford part no 1357313, cost £61.78

Hope this help somebody

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Harv: you saved me!

I had the same problem with my Ford Focus 2.0 2009 last two years, but no one could solve my problem. I spend quite lot of money on repairs. Finally I tried to do it myself. And after half an hour (I switched solenoids) enigine works as a new. I am going to buy new one in the future, but finally I found the problem!

Thank you.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club