Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Beloved Car Stolen 16Th May

Colin1969

Makes grim viewing that. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

Logically the Police should go and send a trap car there and catch the scummer, tbh I'd probably go back there and find the people, show them a photo of the car and watch their faces, Chloroform and rag, in the boot of the car to the woods, give them a shovel and make them dig their own graves. you get the idea.

• Like 2

Logically the Police should go and send a trap car there and catch the scummer, tbh I'd probably go back there and find the people, show them a photo of the car and watch their faces, Chloroform and rag, in the boot of the car to the woods, give them a shovel and make them dig their own graves. you get the idea.

Haha...i like your style!

Oh no, so sorry to hear this. There are some nasty people out there, it just makes you so angry that you save up to buy a nice car that you really want and someone does this.

This would be my concerns if I went for the Titanium X, I'm now thinking not to have the keyless entry. I did also want to have the dress up kit put on but it could make I more desirable, I don't know.

I hope you manage to get this sorted soon.

• Like 1

They asked me to use dropbox , which i have done , they will view tomorrow no doubt. If anybody wants to view give me your email addresses and i will share

colinb3n@googlemail.com

Who ever watches my video , listen carefully from 2.30mins , sounds like he says ( not sure of name ) he will love this one , and also he said this is the hardest , getting hard these ( is he cloning a key ) or am i paranoid ? Where the driver is sitting that is where the OBD port is located just below steering wheel on the right hand side. Also the time it took him is about right too ?

This is another case where I fully advocate vigilantism! There are seemingly no police anymore that care or have available resources, yet, there seem to be more and more mobile speed cameras everywhere you go!

• Like 2

This is another case where I fully advocate vigilantism! There are seemingly no police anymore that care or have available resources, yet, there seem to be more and more mobile speed cameras everywhere you go!

Your so right. Easy money for them. There was one round here tucked in the bushes on the top of a hill, no warning at all, not even the symbol on the van. Not very effective at all for road safety. I flashed to warn others so hopefully cut their profits.

The police should do more for stolen cars. All those anpr cameras and they can't make an effort.

Whats the real crime? doing 35 in a 30 or stealing a car!

• Like 2

Scum. Their language is appalling too. I'm glad my dad doesn't take his Range Rover like he did with his old cars (saying that he's just got back from Purple Parking Business at Heathrow with the Defender)

My car won't be ever going near one of those places.

To me that sounds like they are talking about the day's work they are doing, there's nothing in that clip that makes me think they have cloned anything.

You live in essex the current hot spot for these sort of thefts of fiestas, they do it so quickly they don't need to clone it beforehand, the whole of purple parking would need to be in on it as I don't think the drivers know your address only the reception staff. I've used them in the past on different cars and I live a lot closer to Gatwick than you. There are also higher value cars with keyless start in that car park, audio, bmw etc.

I think this vid and your car going missing are unfortunately a coincidence

• Like 1

I've still to see video as not home but at very least surely they shouldn't be driving around in his car.

I've still to see video as not home but at very least surely they shouldn't be driving around in his car.

You drop the car off in the front car park, they then move the car to the storage car park, then move it to the pick up car park for when you get back. Doesn't excuse their driving though but, all the drivers for these type of companies would probably do the same.

Quite liked my parking at Glasgow airport long stay as parked it myself and took the keys.

• Like 1

Quite liked my parking at Glasgow airport long stay as parked it myself and took the keys.

Probably less secure though, they don't need the keys to take the car after all.

Mine isn't keyless but have watched the movies where they rip random wires. Touch 2 and off they go.

You need a ticket to get out the car park and it has anpr. Should flag up its left before its time. My main fear as with any car park was it being bumped.

Have now watched video and yeah they seemed more concerned over their shift than that particular car itself.

Would be interested to see this, I have a mate that's good with computer programmes and may be able to enhance the audio for you just so what's being said is more clear..

Email is dmisseldine@outlook.com

Hope all gets sorted with this one pal!

The link to video is on page 4

• Like 1

Edit: nevermind, found the link.

Hi , when the car is on the rooftop and parked up for a minute or so , you can hear the driver say ( a name , then that he will love this one , also says , this is the hardest their getting hard then laughs. So what is hardest or getting hard and what will the guy love ? You can also hear a plastic flap close , was that my glovebox or the small plastic panel where the OBD port is located just below steering wheel to the right. Maybe just a coincidence i don't know

This is the reply from MD Mark Hinge @ purple parking via email. Albeit i have heard no more from anybody since.

Good Morning Colin

Thanks for sending through the whole video which is clearly unacceptable. Please accept my personal apologies for the inappropriate behaviour.
I am not in the office today but have forwarded the email on to our Customer Relations Manager, Julie Divine, who will be in contact with you to discuss further.
Regards

Mark Hinge
Managing Director

I couldn't hear that Colin. I'll maybe through it over to my chromecast see if any better.

Can you just lock keyless cars with the key fob like my olden days machine so you know it's deadlocked?

Can you just lock keyless cars with the key fob like my olden days machine so you know it's deadlocked?

If you have keyless entry you can either press the button on the door handle twice or the key fob twice, it isnt the keyless entry that's the issue (getting into a car never has been for a thief) it's easier to steal with the keyless start system.

Hi , when the car is on the rooftop and parked up for a minute or so , you can hear the driver say ( a name , then that he will love this one , also says , this is the hardest their getting hard then laughs. So what is hardest or getting hard and what will the guy love ? You can also hear a plastic flap close , was that my glovebox or the small plastic panel where the OBD port is located just below steering wheel to the right. Maybe just a coincidence i don't know

From that clip you cant tell what they are talking about or what they were talking about prior to getting in the car.

All fiestas and focus stolen in this way will be just as easy as each other, they will only be "harder if you have tried to secure the port.

They obviously knew there was a camera fitted, if they were trying to clone your fob they would have turned the car off, this would have stopped the camera recording, they also don't need the car running for their OBD device to work.

Fiestas are being stolen quite regularly in essex, in less than 30 seconds they are in the car, plugged in and away, I doubt many have been through purple parking at gatwick,

The police will just think it's a coincidence as they probably haven't any intell on cars parking at gatwick then being stolen shortly afterwards, they do have Intel on fiestas going missing in Essex though.

If you do get another fiesta, get a disklok, remove the OBD fuse, move the port, secure it in a box, fit a dummy port, buy a alarm that protects the port but do something. These thefts have been well publisiced but it still amazes me that people do nothing, (except join a petion or complain on Ford's facebook page) I see loads of STs going into lakeside, they park up and walk off seemingly with no thought to security.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club