Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Obd Security 'databloc Ford Protection'

whatwasthat

It's surprising just how hard door glass is on cars.

I have seen windows resist a sustained battering from extendable batons and now carry a pocket rescue tool with a spring loaded spike on it.

Large impacts get absorbed but pin-point pressure will pop the glass instantly.

• Like 2

I have seen windows resist a sustained battering from extendable batons and now carry a pocket rescue tool with a spring loaded spike on it.

When I smashed my first car through a fence the Windows took alot of the impacts and survived with a few scratches! :)

• Like 1

Some of my oppos fitted 'bust-a-cap' pommels on their batons which are cone shaped to make it easier to pop toughened glass.

• Like 1

Recent video of an RS being stolen, pop the glass in the top right with a tool like you mentioned then push through the glass in the corner, apparently the siren won't go off,but the lights do .

The alarm doesn't sound because they come round earlier, drill a small hole next to one of the wiper arms which is just above the alarm siren then fill it with expanding foam. They then come in the small hours, pop the window reach in and plug in a device that emulates the key being present into the OBD port.

There's a guy on facebook that sells a patch cable and instructions for rewiring the OBD port, once done the port only works if the patch cable is used. Not sure if he does them for all models but defiantly Focus ST & RS

So, removing the O.B.D. port fuse will defeat their device as the O.B.D. port is dead ?

Not sure Mark, their device could be self powered? My OBD port is completely reconfigured now and stickers added to the windows to advertise the fact.

• Like 1

Not sure Mark, their device could be self powered? My OBD port is completely reconfigured now and stickers added to the windows to advertise the fact.

Thanks Gaz :)

If I had the time and effort (moreso the fact that I have a lot of pain) I would have the port out, and the wiring relocated with several hidden switches around the cab, and until all 4 switches are configured correctly, the OBD will not work.

• Like 1

If I had the time and effort (moreso the fact that I have a lot of pain) I would have the port out, and the wiring relocated with several hidden switches around the cab, and until all 4 switches are configured correctly, the OBD will not work.

Now the switches... Are a good idea!

That's sickening seeing that car being stolen. Are other makes of cars just as vulnerable or are fords the worst?

Guys.

Can i say we all do more than just pull the OBD fuse ,As if i`m going to steal an RS or any car for that matter i`m going to do my reasearch and look around an actual car , go on the forums and such, see what security is on them .

And everyone has now said they are going to pull the fuse`s so the Toerags are going to bring a self powered coder or such .

I don`t want to be logging on and reading of another ford stolen and the owner said well i pulled the fuse and its still gone was stolen .

Make it as hard as possibe for them to even think of taking .

Considering a length of strong chain passed between both front wheels and secured with a good padlock. Chews the wheels up if they don`t remove it and takes them more time to remove .

• Like 1

If the Ford designers have any sense they would have made it so that the OBD circuit is completely disabled if the fuse is removed, even if someone connects a self-powered device to it. Can anyone confirm if this is how it works? It should be like trying to get data off a laptop that won't turn on (assuming you can't get at the internal components, which is the the same for a car).

As swift focus said you need to make it more difficult, that's why if you have several 3 way rocker switches, where the wiring is set in, then if you have 4 of these three way switches, if my maths is right.... you have over 100 possible combinations to try before all the data wires are aligned and it works. Also moving the switches to other places of the cab helps too. One near the steering wheel, one up the top of the cowling, one under the passenger footwell and maybe one in the centre console. They aren't going to find 4 of them easy and get the combos right. If nothing else are they really going to try ripping those switches out and shorting all 4 in the hope of getting the old running to steal the car? I don't think they would.

Also gillyallen all cars are becoming susceptible to these thefts. Tools become available which bypass the immobiliser, of convince it to work. Certainly ford's are weaker than others but I don't think they are the worst...

I think the stickers are just asking for trouble. They must look like a magnet to some - - -wipe, "I'll show him" kinda thing.

Take me back to the old days when we just removed the rotor arm in the dizzy ! :)

• Like 1

I am surprised that with the rise of 'Keyless' everything that security hasn't been upgraded to suit.

Rocker switches are a good method to disable, but once the car has changed hands a couple of times, these systems will need to be removed as the sequences will not have been passed on, leaving new owners clueless when the car goes in for diagnostics.

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone

Thanks for the many replies and comments to my post. I have at last received the Databloc OBD port protector. I am sure some of you would like to see exactly what it is. Basically its a rubber plug to blank off the dataport itself to stop it being used to access the vehicle. I have not tried to fit the item yet so I do not know if it will work or not.

I have attached several pictures of the blanking plug and the paperwork that came with it.

Please feel free to tell me what you think, bear in mind it was £20 including postage!

If the pics are not clear I apologise as black is tricky to photograph.

Cheers

post-65475-0-46693300-1433526469_thumb.j

post-65475-0-45332800-1433526498_thumb.j

post-65475-0-34443300-1433526505_thumb.j

post-65475-0-04046500-1433526511_thumb.j

post-65475-0-19137500-1433526517_thumb.j

post-65475-0-33841700-1433526523_thumb.j

post-65475-0-64215300-1433526611_thumb.j

post-65475-0-50103100-1433527270_thumb.j

post-65475-0-97995300-1433527270_thumb.j

post-65475-0-52109300-1433527271_thumb.j

post-65475-0-06099000-1433527272_thumb.j

• Like 1

Sorry but what's to stop them just removing the device? Just looks like a cheap plastic dust cover from the pictures

• Like 1

Sorry mate but that's piece of plastic isn't gonna stop a thief and 15 notes is way overpriced.

• Like 1

Thanks for the pics. . . how exactly does this device protect the O.B.D. port ?

Just plugs in and blanks it off I'm guessing.. but then just pulls off in a second or two defeating the protection

Really ?

What's the purchasers opinion ?