Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Washer Jets

scoot600

Hi

I am having a problem with my washer jets. When I push the button on the stalk, I hear no noise from the pump.Also the wipers don't move.

I checked the fuse (137) and replaced it due to it being blown but still no pump sound.

The wipers work front and rear but with no washers

Any ideas?

It might be the washer pump itself that is located on the washer bottle. Sometimes these can wear if they are used with no water in the bottle, used to happen to me on the old fords lol!

easy to replace and not not pricey for the part, but you probably be better testing it first just t make sure. I would access it by the driver side wheel arch and unplug the connector and see if any current is getting to it with a multimeter or voltage tester connected to the plug while pressing he washer button.

If there is a voltage.signal but no noise or activity from the little pump then Id say it safe to say its done and a replacement would fix this.

if there is voltage and some noise from the little pump then you may have a blocked jet somewhere or even a blocked/kinked washer hose or maybe even dirt at the bottom of the washer bottle itself which is blocking the out put.

the fuse maybe blew as the little pump motor had burned itself out. Just a though.

Hope this helps :)

Sonic 113

Thanks for your reply.I have fitted a different pump from a breakers and still no luck.The fuse 15 amp keeps blowing when I press the washer button. Could it be the button shorting?

Hi Peter

it could be the switch. Its sounds like something is short circuiting somewhere on the circuit. If you have tried a different pump then I guess we can rule that out if the pump is a good one. also check along the wiring to see if there is any chaffed or exposed wires and maybe try it with the pump disconnected to see of it still blow the fuse.

Does the fuse blow when front wipers are operated or the rear wiper/jet is tried, or is it just when you try the operate the front washer jets?

is 15amp the correct amp of fuse?

EDIT

just had a glance at the handbook an noticed 15amp fuse is correct for this, although according to handbook this same fuse works heated front washer jets so if you have them disconnect the electrical plugs on both from under side of bonnet and try the washers to see if the fuse holds.

i though they worked of the heated window screen/Mirror circuit but the book shows them on that fuse so worth a try I guess.

Sonic 113

The fuse blows when I try the front washers. I have blown 3 so far

Strange that one. Could be the switch itself. If you have heated washers try disconnecting them first (just the electrics part under the bonnet)and see of that blows a fuse if not check for any exposed wiring along the circuit.sounds like it's shortening somewhere.

You could try another switch just to see but I would check all the basic stuff before spending any money first just in case its something simple.

Keep up updated anyhows.

After having replaced the pump and the switch, the car still blows the 15 amp fuse as soon as I turn the ignition on.

Have called an auto electrician to see if he can come to the route of the problem

Must be a short directly to earth somewhere.

Agree here with stoney something is shorting somewhere. Keep us posted of the outcome anyway.

Good luck.

Auto electrician coming on Wednesday, so we will see

Good luck anyhow. Has to be some thing simple though.

The problem is solved, it seems that in the past a new windscreen had been fitted and when it was done they trapped the heated washer wires against the bonnet hinge and over the years it wore the cable

• Like 2

The problem is solved, it seems that in the past a new windscreen had been fitted and when it was done they trapped the heated washer wires against the bonnet hinge and over the years it wore the cable

I had a feeling it was something simple lol! :)

well at least its all sorted now for you.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club