Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth

pedro281981

I have just purchased a 2011 focus sport, when I try to connect my phone via bluetooth I get a message on screen telling me I have too many devices debond one before I can continue but when I go to the debond part of the menu it search's for device and I can get no further my phone picks up ford audio but won't connect until I get devices off any suggestions because I am stumped

Once you are in PHONE mode you should be able to press the MENU button and then cycle through all of the bonded phones plus a few other options. if you select of the stored phones it will give you the option to unbond it.

I too am having trouble with a bluetooth retrofit, ironically the bluetooth bit is working fine but Ihave no audio!

H

Hi i have tried that it comes up with debond device i press that it searches for device but gets no response cant go any further cant see anyother way of removing devices

It should not need to search for the device to unbond it. I recently bought a module from eBay. it still had the previous owners mobiles stored on it. I was able to select them and unbond them without having the actual handsets.

I dont know if you would be able to use ELMCONFIG to reset the module to make room for your mobiles. This is the problem i am having, i cant get my module to talk to my laptop to enable voice control and to pass audio, it is happy to talk to my phone though!

Best of luck.

H

The msg on screen is no response from phone unit, when I try any of the options under BT settings. How do I get to ELMCONFIG

Sorry also I don't have a menu button lol

Cheers

ELMCONFIG is a program you can use with an ELM327 interface to access all the modules on the car via the OBD port under the dash.

it is a free piece of software and the interface can be picked up online quite cheaply. it is handy for reading and clearing fault codes as well as changing settings stored in each of the modules such as this.

Annoyingly for me I cant make my software talk to the Speech Recognition Module (SRM) where this info is stored. I hope you have better luck if you decide to buy the interface!

H

Awrite thanks for all your help anyway I may just take it back to garage and tell them to sort it, it's the only niggle I have with car. Good luck with your problem

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I would come on and give a wee update. I have finally managed to get my phone connected I found a system update and updated the firmware on the radio nav system now phone connects no problem. Here is a link to website that solved all my problems :) http://digiex.net/guides-reviews/guides-tutorials/14009-ford-audio-bluetooth-usb-firmware-update-november-2012-release-how-update.html

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club