Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Tdci Upgrades

samgreeny

Piper Performance used to advertise and perhaps still do advertise an ST replica exhaust kit,

Its the same duplex kit but has the most replicated exhaust tips fitted,

I think the 3.5" are the replica tips,

I went for oval tips to match the rear ford badge, but i wasnt limited to a certain width of tip having the zetecS diffuser,

I will have to change tips when fitting ST bumper aswell.

Ok. great well i will be ordering that exhaust with the 3.5" replica tips. they have said 3-4 working days so hopefully I will either have it fitted by next weekend or I will get it fitted next week some time.

• Like 1

Ok. great well i will be ordering that exhaust with the 3.5" replica tips. they have said 3-4 working days so hopefully I will either have it fitted by next weekend or I will get it fitted next week some time.

I look forward to seeing some pictures when fitted,

Some autosol paste and a microfibre cloth will protect and prolong the shine of the exhaust tips.

Autosol-Chrome-Polish-and-Metal-Polish_z

• Like 1

I look forward to seeing some pictures when fitted,

Some autosol paste and a microfibre cloth will protect and prolong the shine of the exhaust tips.

As soon as I've got it fitted I will post some pictures.

Awesome, thanks for the info, will make sure I keep them spotless

• Like 1

As soon as I've got it fitted I will post some pictures.

Awesome, thanks for the info, will make sure I keep them spotless

In the long run a spray bottle of Muc off and a steam gun will keep em clean used once per month,

AutoSol with keep them coated from day one though.

Just be sure when purchasing the exhaust that it is the diesel version as the mufflers are different between petrol and diesel.

• Like 1

In the long run a spray bottle of Muc off and a steam gun will keep em clean used once per month,

AutoSol with keep them coated from day one though.

Just be sure when purchasing the exhaust that it is the diesel version as the mufflers are different between petrol and diesel.

Brilliant. Will get some muc off and autosol then.

I've messaged them on eBay and just waiting for a reply because I want to make sure they will do the 3.5" exhaust tips.

Looking at maybe getting some boost pipes. Will the focus st225 ones fit or are the pipe sizes completely different?

• Like 1

How much were the ST exhaust hangers from ford? Just costing everything up for when buying the exhaust.

• Like 1

Looking at maybe getting some boost pipes. Will the focus st225 ones fit or are the pipe sizes completely different?

Sadly there's no "off the shelf" upgrade intercooler pipes available for the 1.6TDCi focus,

I've been searching for years in hope that someone else had done the foot work and now there's a company with a template but no joy.

I should have done it back when my focus was off the road for a few months in 2012.

You see;

In order to get the custom or even colour coded hoses, a 1.6TDCi focus owner would need to remove existing pipes and send them to a company such as Samco,

Samco will then replicate the hoses either in the same size or larger diameter.

Another option would be to purchase the focus 1.6TDCi hoses cheap from breakers and send those off to be replicated,

Ideally the upgrade process would be slightly larger diameter hoses,

Using as much steel piping as possible to reduce flexing as much as possible with gradual mandrel bends to optimise flow.

I've made a great leap in research last month I've found a UK based company called NB Styling

Link: http://www.nbstyling.co.uk/store/?pCat=16

They sell a lot of upgrade products for the diesel engines even a hybrid turbo for the 1.4TDCi bring it up to 125bhp :lol:

I've purchased an oil catch tank kit from them built specific for the 25mm breather pipe of the 1.6TDCi engine,

This item is just as important as blanking the egr valve.

The oil catch tank prevents oil from entering the induction chamber and filling up your intercooler.

Link: http://www.nbstyling.co.uk/store/?pID=23

See fitting guide here:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/71753-oil-catch-can-install-16-tdci/

Also see mightycarmods video below:

• Like 2

How much were the ST exhaust hangers from ford? Just costing everything up for when buying the exhaust.

I think the four items were a total of 34 pounds,

Purchased from fordpartsuk.com

Image230_edit_1420579594366_zpsq2ap4otx.

You will also need some M6 bolts and nylon insert lock nuts,

Not sure what length because exhaust place fitted them,

Maybe M6x40 would be enough then cut to lengty,

Will need four bolts and nuts to mount brackets to chassis.

• Like 2

Sadly there's no "off the shelf" upgrade intercooler pipes available for the 1.6TDCi focus,

I've been searching for years in hope that someone else had done the foot work and now there's a company with a template but no joy.

I should have done it back when my focus was off the road for a few months in 2012.

You see;

In order to get the custom or even colour coded hoses, a 1.6TDCi focus owner would need to remove existing pipes and send them to a company such as Samco,

Samco will then replicate the hoses either in the same size or larger diameter.

Another option would be to purchase the focus 1.6TDCi hoses cheap from breakers and send those off to be replicated,

Ideally the upgrade process would be slightly larger diameter hoses,

Using as much steel piping as possible to reduce flexing as much as possible with gradual mandrel bends to optimise flow.

I've made a great leap in research last month I've found a UK based company called NB Styling

Link: http://www.nbstyling.co.uk/store/?pCat=16

They sell a lot of upgrade products for the diesel engines even a hybrid turbo for the 1.4TDCi bring it up to 125bhp :lol:

I've purchased an oil catch tank kit from them built specific for the 25mm breather pipe of the 1.6TDCi engine,

This item is just as important as blanking the egr valve.

The oil catch tank prevents oil from entering the induction chamber and filling up your intercooler.

Link: http://www.nbstyling.co.uk/store/?pID=23

See fitting guide here:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/71753-oil-catch-can-install-16-tdci/

Also see mightycarmods video below:

That's so annoying. I just want to get the engine bay looking nice. Wanting to get the insides painted but don't see the point if I don't have the pipes.

Having to do that is so much effort and will probably take quite a bit of time. The only other thing I was thinking, is you can buy the piping individually, like straight pipes 1m long. But I would imagine this will become really expensive.

You wouldn't happen to know where to get the sizing of the pipe from/know them yourself would you?

Ahh brilliant,I will look at fitting the oil catch tank then.

I was looking at maybe getting a hybrid turbo but can't decide weather it is worth it or not.

I think the four items were a total of 34 pounds,

Purchased from fordpartsuk.com

Image230_edit_1420579594366_zpsq2ap4otx.

You will also need some M6 bolts and nylon insert lock nuts,

Not sure what length because exhaust place fitted them,

Maybe M6x40 would be enough then cut to lengty,

Will need four bolts and nuts to mount brackets to chassis.

Great thank you.

Do fordpartsuk just sell the parts if they get them in? I don't know if it's just me being stupid but I can't seem to find any except for the focus rs mk1 for the actual bracket that needs bolting onto the frame.

Great thank you.

Do fordpartsuk just sell the parts if they get them in? I don't know if it's just me being stupid but I can't seem to find any except for the focus rs mk1 for the actual bracket that needs bolting onto the frame.

Fordpartsuk.com will supply any parts your require,

Just contact them via email thats how i purchased mine,

They accept paypal etc.

The number written within the pink line in above image is the part number.

Bracket numbers

&

Then two rubber exhaust mounts

• Like 2

Fordpartsuk.com will supply any parts your require,

Just contact them via email thats how i purchased mine,

They accept paypal etc.

The number written within the pink line in above image is the part number.

Bracket numbers

&

Then two rubber exhaust mounts

Cheers mate. Just messaged them and hopefully will get a reply soon to order them.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Finally managed to get the exhaust and get it fitted! Ignore the blue stuff inside it, it's the exhaust paste and gonna get rid of it this weekend!!

It sets the car off great! Only disappointed bit is it makes no sound difference at all :(

Do you recon it will once I've got the dpf gutted?

My cousin is gonna gut it for me, he has all the welding equipment and that at work!

post-65815-144069990418_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Finally managed to get the exhaust and get it fitted! Ignore the blue stuff inside it, it's the exhaust paste and gonna get rid of it this weekend!!

It sets the car off great! Only disappointed bit is it makes no sound difference at all :(

Do you recon it will once I've got the dpf gutted?

My cousin is gonna gut it for me, he has all the welding equipment and that at work!

looks great,

Will get louder with dpf gutted,

wear a really good mask and tyvek suit with gloves when gutting the dpf because it's contents is much the same as asbestos the mesh filter is quite harmful to lungs.

• Like 1

looks great,

Will get louder with dpf gutted,

wear a really good mask and tyvek suit with gloves when gutting the dpf because it's contents is much the same as asbestos the mesh filter is quite harmful to lungs.

Good, I'll be getting it done sometime soon then. Will I need to get it mapped straight after or could I leave it for a while?

Ok , will make sure he does.

• Like 1

If the DPF is ceramic then you can leave it for a while because there's no sensors in the exhaust system to detect pressures

But if it's not a ceramic then it's likely to go in to limp mode immediately

• Like 2

If the DPF is ceramic then you can leave it for a while because there's no sensors in the exhaust system to detect pressures

But if it's not a ceramic then it's likely to go in to limp mode immediately

How can I find out if it is ceramic or not?

Hopefully there isn't because I can't afford the remap atm but want to get the dpf gutted!

• Like 1

How can I find out if it is ceramic or not?

Hopefully there isn't because I can't afford the remap atm but want to get the dpf gutted!

have a look at the dog chamber to see if it has any sensors or cables running to it,

Also look at left side of battery box,

If it has a small module attached to the battery box with cables feeding from it then your dpf has sensors

• Like 1

Also check for the eolys fluid tank or magnet on the fuel filler cap. If not there then it's ceramic

• Like 1

have a look at the dog chamber to see if it has any sensors or cables running to it,

Also look at left side of battery box,

If it has a small module attached to the battery box with cables feeding from it then your dpf has sensors

Ok, I will have a look tomorrow to see what I can see.

I'm hoping it doesnt so I can get away without remapping it just yet!

• Like 1

Also check for the eolys fluid tank or magnet on the fuel filler cap. If not there then it's ceramic

Where abouts do I check for the eolys fluid tank?

It's tucked up next to the fuel tank it will have 2 short pipes with rubber plugs on the ends that are used to refill it every 37k I think you can check etis too. what year is yours? The ceramic dpf was only fitted from 2009 onwards anything earlier has the eloys additive type

• Like 2

If its a 59 plate then it has ceramic if it's anything earlier it's the problematic eloys type. Euro 4 pre 59 euro 5 post 59

• Like 2

It's tucked up next to the fuel tank it will have 2 short pipes with rubber plugs on the ends that are used to refill it every 37k I think you can check etis too. what year is yours? The ceramic dpf was only fitted from 2009 onwards anything earlier has the eloys additive type

Mine is a 60 plate, so 2010. Which means it will be ceramic?
  • Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club