• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lms1703

lms1703

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo

Posted 22 August 2009 - 06:16 PM

Please can someone help. I have a 02 plate tdci (130) that is not running wright. When I put it under load I can hear a whooshing noise thats gets louder the more I put it under load. I also have a loss of power but it will still travel at motorway speeds but it takes abit longer to get there. I have no lights on the dash. I have a bit have black smoke no grey. I have checked the fin inside the turbo and it turns fine and it does not move side to side. Thanks in advance.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 dave h

dave h

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Ford Maverick 2.7 Tdi GLS
  • Year: 1998

Posted 22 August 2009 - 09:00 PM

Please can someone help. I have a 02 plate tdci (130) that is not running wright. When I put it under load I can hear a whooshing noise thats gets louder the more I put it under load. I also have a loss of power but it will still travel at motorway speeds but it takes abit longer to get there. I have no lights on the dash. I have a bit have black smoke no grey. I have checked the fin inside the turbo and it turns fine and it does not move side to side. Thanks in advance.

hello mate have a check of the pipe that goes from the egr valve to the intercooler, it is at the front of the engine, to the right and is about 2" diameter, they are prone to splitting. hope that helps dave

#3 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:06 AM

as Dave says, 90% sure it will be the inter cooler pipe that has split, you may have to remove it to check it fully.

#4 lms1703

lms1703

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo

Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:28 AM

Thanks dave h & mintalkin I will let you know how I get on.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users