73 replies to this topic

#1 gaz6076

gaz6076

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk5 Fiesta

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:01 PM

The mk4 is starting to get abit rattly and I dont think it will last to much longer :(

So stopped of at the local ford dealers to see about this scrappage scheme. They have a base model fiesta (studio/style?) in blazing blue that they would let me have for a little under 8k. Going to throw in pureguard and 20 of petrol to boot...

Good deal?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Air Hostess

Air Hostess

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Ford Model: 2008 Fiesta Zetec Climate 1.4i

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:05 PM

The mk4 is starting to get abit rattly and I dont think it will last to much longer :(

So stopped of at the local ford dealers to see about this scrappage scheme. They have a base model fiesta (studio/style?) in blazing blue that they would let me have for a little under 8k. Going to throw in pureguard and 20 of petrol to boot...

Good deal?

dont sound bad to me,although being a base model its going to be a little light on extras,but still a good price (well I think so)

#3 PointyB

PointyB

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.25
Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:08 PM

See if you can get the same deal on the Style model. It has manual air conditioning and the heated windscreen too. I wouldn't really recommend the Studio unless you really aren't fussed about any extras.

#4 johnnymac16

johnnymac16

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium X

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:11 PM

|Great about the scrappage deal.. but I wouldnt buy a bottom of the range, when you can get so much of a zetec model for a good price and the extras... !

#5 DanGull

DanGull

Area Rep: Midlands (Despite owning a Seat)

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,229 posts
  • Ford Model: Formerly a Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TiVCT now a Seat Leon FR+ 2.0TDI 170
  • Year: 2014

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:13 PM

I agree - ask for a price on a Zetec.

#6 gaz6076

gaz6076

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:17 PM

I'm not to fussed about extras. I'm a little light on cash just now so i shouldn't really be thinking about a new car :rolleyes:

Air-con and heated windscreen sound good though and I'll be saving 400 on insurance anyway...

#7 PointyB

PointyB

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:30 PM

I'm not to fussed about extras. I'm a little light on cash just now so i shouldn't really be thinking about a new car :rolleyes:

Air-con and heated windscreen sound good though and I'll be saving 400 on insurance anyway...

Zetec is still good value for money. However obviously if that's out of your price range, then I am sure you can negotiate the Style model for the same price that they are offering you the Studio. Style model does the two extra features which I feel are important. Not having a car with a heated windscreen or air conditioning would be pointless in my opinion. especially the lack of air-con.

#8 MichellefromEssex

MichellefromEssex

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Ford Model: Zetec S Mountune
Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:32 PM

Go for it, nice brand new car regardless of spec, safety and reliability (although that isnt always the case lol) should help you make your decision.

I wouldnt be fussed about heated windscreen or air con, lets face it how often do we actually use both of them the air con ive used 4 times at the most this summer!!! if it comes down to cost and I had a budget then I would have brought a lower spec model.

#9 gaz6076

gaz6076

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:35 PM

Agree with you Michelle, anythings better than my current mk4 with it's keep fit steering and windows! :lol:

Be going down the finance road putting the 2k I get for the fiesta as a deposit so if I can get somthing like 200 a month for a bit higher spec then I might go for it

#10 irononreverse

irononreverse

Too much time on the boards

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec Mk7

Posted 22 August 2009 - 11:29 PM

I got my Zetec for a little over 8000 with scrappage but this was before the recent price increase.

Came to about 8600 with the extra 345 for metallic paint.

#11 DONFRAMAC

DONFRAMAC

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk6 1.25 Zetec Climate '58 reg

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:32 AM

The base model has only 60PS power (59 BHP).
For good resale value you need air-con, and a decent stereo, and 5-doors will attract a family buyer, as only youngsters want the 3-dr ones. Solid paint is OK, and so are steel wheels.
Get the 1.25 82PS engine, so you won't feel like spending on power-boosts later, as they cost a solid fortune.
Get private GAP insurance, at ~80 for 3 years cover;-- the Ford scheme is expensive, I hear.
Ford ICE radios are good nowadays, but can improve, just by fitting the accessory Pioneer speakers, when you can afford it. I am happy with my Ford 6000 unit as standard in my '58 reg Fiesta Zetec Climate 1.25. (I have been told by "Chipping" firms that spending 300 on a remap, to get 6 BHP extra on top of the 74 I have, is a waste, and I wouldn't notice it, and I was virtually told to "P***off")
Choose the power you need NOW!! The 1.4 engine was only 300 more than my 1.25, but was out of production when I bought, but now, the 1.4 has 96PS, so it looks very attractive.
HOWEVER, the "trump" card you hold is that the sales-man will be falling over himself to shift metal, that is already built and available to him to sell, and even "scrappage-sceme " cars still make money, by being broken up as spares. (An Autoexpress article recently showed a Ford KA making 1400 as parts)

#12 coysht

coysht

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk7 Fiesta Zetec S
Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:11 AM

"scrappage-sceme " cars still make money, by being broken up as spares. (An Autoexpress article recently showed a Ford KA making 1400 as parts)

Thats a very good point - I'm thinking of getting rid of my MK4 for a Zetec S, and since they don't specify what condition the scrappage car needs to be in (appart from a valid MOT), I was thinking of raiding it for bits I could flog on ebay (...bits it doesnt need to run or be legal) anyone got any ideas on what would be worth keeping?

#13 Sarc

Sarc

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta 1.4 Zetec (Mk7)

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:05 AM

The Studio price sounds like a good deal to me. I was originally going to buy one, then decided to go a slight bit higher, (after raiding my piggy bank), to go for a Style ... then realized I could get a Style+ for a couple of hundred pounds extra, (special promotion at the dealers). Eventually, after spending many, many weeks trying to make a decision, (and annoyingly missing the Ford price increase deadline in July), I decided on a Fiesta Zetec 1.4 (This was purely as it was a promo which meant the dealer had reduced the price by 1500.00) I also traded in my eleven year old Megane under the Scrappage Scheme, which took another 2000.00 off the price.

So, to cut a long story short, I have ordered the 3-door Fiesta Zetec 1.4 (basic colour/no extra options) for 9600.00 (after all the discounts have been taken off). Still more than I originally intended, buy I was lucky enough to be given a bit of a cash gift from my parents which helped in a big way, as well as timing it just right for the dealer's special offer. (Though I couldn't have done any of this without the scrappage scheme).

At the end of the day it's obviously down to what you can personally afford - [a Ford - get it!!!!] :blink: . (You could always try blatently asking for a discount or some added extras. The discount I mentioned wasn't listed on the dealers website, so I went to see them personally and asked if any special promotions were available, either at present or in the near-future, and low-and-behold, he had a word with the manager and said he could knock one and a half grand off the price, as the special offer was just about to start - perfect timing!)

Sometimes it's worth being a bit cheeky! (I even managed to get the standard six months road tax increased to 12 months - though I failed to get more than a quarter of a tank of petrol thrown in ... I think I milked them to their limit!

Paul.

#14 PointyB

PointyB

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:49 AM

I think I milked them to their limit!

:o There's a lot of things I'm willing to do to get a good deal, but milking the dealer is not one of them!

#15 Sarc

Sarc

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta 1.4 Zetec (Mk7)

Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:03 AM

:o There's a lot of things I'm willing to do to get a good deal, but milking the dealer is not one of them!

LOL ... Yeah, come to think of it - he wasn't really my type!!! :o

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users