Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.


Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gaz6076

New Fiesta on scrappage deal

74 posts in this topic

So which dealer do you work for then?

Or are you in a different field altogether............ :unsure:

Different field altogether I'm afraid. But be warned, a salesperson may be as nice as pie for 99% of the day, but if theres a mortgage payment /holiday /bill coming up, they might draw on that 1% b*****d to get a sale (If they work on commision and/or fear redundancy anyway).

Your deal sounds pretty sound to be fair though :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Think I'm going to go for the 1.4 style+. Trying to see about a better finance deal first, if that goes to plan and I can get the dealer to knock abit off the zetec I might go for that.

They are saying that I'm getting £4000 of the list with both the style+ for £8,795 and the zetec for £9395 and that they were built before the july price increase. I will try wiggle out a spare wheel from them aswell

Never thought about claiming the tax back (runs out at the end of september). Done this before when my bike was stolen :( so a didn't have the disk for obvious reasons :angry:

The dealer did say he reckoned the scrappage deal would run out in october some time but I just thought he was being a salesman :lol:

And if you have not got that spare cash to pay for the car outright (who has) don't forget the finance - you never know, the 3.9% APR deal on 2 years options might also go some way to getting you into that Zetec too . . . . .

Sorry not helping with you staying within budget am I?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No your not :lol:

Would be getting it on finance anyway. Im not getting a very good APR think it's about 8% over 4 years so if a can't get them to budge on that I won't be getting the zetec :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No your not :lol:

Would be getting it on finance anyway. Im not getting a very good APR think it's about 8% over 4 years so if a can't get them to budge on that I won't be getting the zetec :(

Get them to work out how much it is going to cost you in repayments and then do the same exercise with the 2 years Options deal and buying out the remainder on HP over 2 years. I did that with mine and it made a CONSIDERABLE difference!!

Even doing the 3 years Options and 2 years HP was DEARER by £1,500!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No your not :lol:

Would be getting it on finance anyway. Im not getting a very good APR think it's about 8% over 4 years so if a can't get them to budge on that I won't be getting the zetec :(

You can always try applying for a loan through banks and other companies. I remember Tesco and Sainsbury's offered some good rates when I was looking at a loan for my last car. It worked out cheaper than going through the dealer's finance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and dont forget to try to do it at the end of the month,as thats when they are pushed to meet their sales targets you might get a better deal...I did

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't think all bother with the options plan. Just don't like the sound of this Guaranteed Minimum Future Value at the end of the deal.

Trying to get myself a better finance deal with the bank but I doubt it :(

Think I'll go to another dealers and show them the deals I've been given and see if they're willing to beat it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Don't think all bother with the options plan. Just don't like the sound of this Guaranteed Minimum Future Value at the end of the deal.

If you plan on owning the car for any length of time you just buy out the final amount its as simple as that - and if you can't get 3.9% APR anywhere then it is going to be the cheaper option. And then when you get to the end of the 2 years you can sort out personal finance out the outstanding amount - you could even get that through Ford if you wanted for a further 1, 2, 3, 4, or even 5 years.

Just something to consider - it is, afterall, what I am doing and it means I am putting mine on the road (minus my old car as deposit) for labout £170 a month

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If you plan on owning the car for any length of time you just buy out the final amount its as simple as that - and if you can't get 3.9% APR anywhere then it is going to be the cheaper option. And then when you get to the end of the 2 years you can sort out personal finance out the outstanding amount - you could even get that through Ford if you wanted for a further 1, 2, 3, 4, or even 5 years.

Just something to consider - it is, afterall, what I am doing and it means I am putting mine on the road (minus my old car as deposit) for labout £170 a month

I am doing the same, we will probably keep Mo at the end, I pay around £170 a month for the ZS over 3 year option plan.

Out of interest Paul as you seen to be clued up on this, I was told that our final value would be about £4,200 what happens with the fact we have added now the engine upgrade etc, should this mean that if we decide to hand Mo back that Fords would have to give us more? or if we do keep Mo then will we owe less to Fords? something I wasnt going to look into for awhile anyway but as we are discussing it anyway. Cheers chick x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I am doing the same, we will probably keep Mo at the end, I pay around £170 a month for the ZS over 3 year option plan.

Out of interest Paul as you seen to be clued up on this, I was told that our final value would be about £4,200 what happens with the fact we have added now the engine upgrade etc, should this mean that if we decide to hand Mo back that Fords would have to give us more? or if we do keep Mo then will we owe less to Fords? something I wasnt going to look into for awhile anyway but as we are discussing it anyway. Cheers chick x

I guess it comes down to who paid for the upgrade - if it was Ford then I wuld assume that they will put the final value up by a percentage of the kit as well as make you pay a little bot more on the monthly payments. If, however, it was you that had it fitted then they, in theory, could tell you to remove it if you are going to hand the car back!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess it comes down to who paid for the upgrade - if it was Ford then I wuld assume that they will put the final value up by a percentage of the kit as well as make you pay a little bot more on the monthly payments. If, however, it was you that had it fitted then they, in theory, could tell you to remove it if you are going to hand the car back!!

I don't think they would tell you to remove it but it would probably be silly to hand it back. Equally I don't think they have any obligation to give you more if you hand it back and walk away. If you decided to use it as a trade in at the end of the options deal you would probably get a higher value than the gmfv. If however you are going to keep the car you pay them the gmfv.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh and if you are not planning on keeping it - take out a personal loan at the bank, pay off the balloon payment and then sell the car privately and use the money to pay off the loan and keep the profit.

Should be okay if you do not borrow the money against the car as it will not show up on any checks the prespective owner might run

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You would get shafted for an early settlement figure though. Although it's not strictly within the t&c of the HP agreement you can sell the car and settle the finance off. I used to work for a motor finance company and it happens all the time. Some prospective purchasers may not be happy to buy a car that still has an interest on the Hire Purchase Information system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You would get shafted for an early settlement figure though. Although it's not strictly within the t&c of the HP agreement you can sell the car and settle the finance off. I used to work for a motor finance company and it happens all the time. Some prospective purchasers may not be happy to buy a car that still has an interest on the Hire Purchase Information system.

Thats why I said about not doing a loan against the car - do it as A N Other type of loan (holiday, something on the house, etc.) and then it will not show up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thats why I said about not doing a loan against the car - do it as A N Other type of loan (holiday, something on the house, etc.) and then it will not show up

Yip I know what you were saying, my point was that if you take out another loan and then settle that, the interest penalties for early settlements are not very good. Whereas, if you merely settle the HP agreement, and it's towards the end the penalties won't be so great (effectively you will pay less to settle the HP than a further loan)

Anyways, don't think this is the info Michelle was looking for :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I paid for the upgrade (£2,224) and it cannot be removed once fitted, I did check with our dearlership before having it done that it was ok and not against the terms and conditions of the option plan and they said it was fine. We are probably going to keep it anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing about Options is that while the estimated final value can't go down, it can go up if you're planning on buying another Ford. With the upgrade fitted, the value of the car will be higher and Ford will offer you more as the settlement for your finance. Ok, it probably won't be as good an increase as if you sold the car privately, but it'll still most likely be more than your estimated future value.

If you're not planning on getting another Ford, or don't like the offered figure, I suggest you do something similar to what Paul suggests, although I also agree with Bashful that the penalties on the loan you took out to settle the car finance would be pretty hefty and possibly wipe out your profit. Better would be to settle the finance without the loan (maybe add to your car payment each month and store it in a separate account) then sell the car privately. This is what I plan on doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway, back on topic, have you decided what you are going to do then gaz6076??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not made a decision as yet. Going to see another dealers tomorrow if I get the chance.

I'm split between the 1.4 style+ or the zetec. Would be paying around £200 or £225 a month for either so the options plan wold be nice but I'm still not sure. Speak to the dealers next time I'm up.

Thanks for all the help by the way :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not made a decision as yet. Going to see another dealers tomorrow if I get the chance.

I'm split between the 1.4 style+ or the zetec. Would be paying around £200 or £225 a month for either so the options plan wold be nice but I'm still not sure. Speak to the dealers next time I'm up.

Thanks for all the help by the way :)

You're welcome about the help we have, or haven't, been

Just keep up informed of what you decide to do and so hope you make the right choice - a nice 1.4 Zetec! ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You really want me to get this zetec eh? :rolleyes::lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You really want me to get this zetec eh? :rolleyes::lol:

Yeah because if you can anyway afford it and don't, you'll end up regretting it in the future

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't let them call the deal. Go haggle them. I would.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

even better if you have 2 dealers locally, that are not connected, and then you can get them to bid against each other and then they do the barganing and all you do is act as the messageg ("They quoted me x, whats the best you can do") and then go back to the first one with your new lower price and just keep going backwards and forwards until you get the price you want . . . its what I did

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0