Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stolen Keys

Mike_88

Hi, I'm hoping people can offer their advice/experience.

Overnight somebody stole my 2011 Fiesta Zetec with the keys but they also took the spare key (which was sitting next to my keys) to my brother's 2007 Fiesta Zetec Climate. All the usual stuff has been done in terms of recovering my car (the low-lives have damaged it) and police contact etc. But typically my insurance doesn't cover me for a courtesy car whilst in for repair but covers stolen keys and my brother's insurance cover a courtesy car but hasn't got key cover- typical!!!!

The short way of putting it is... what are my options? Can I/dealer reprogramme keys and ignition/replace locks? What is the lowest cost option.

Would really appreciate any help!

Thanks

• Like 1

personally id go to ford order a full new lock set and pay them to programme the new keys (which removes the old one)

should be safe then

• Like 1

Thanks, any idea on cost?

my dealer is £70 +vat an hour to fit the locks and look here www.fordcat.ru/shop/1/catalogue/141 for part numbers and google them for price will give you a rough idea

i use google chrome on the link above as it translates it to English automatically for me

Matt

Auto locksmith will way,way cheaper than a dealer, plus the locksmith will come to you.

If you need help finding a good one, let me know.

Thanks for that, so wat will the auto locksmith do? Fit new locks or recode the immobiliser and key?

Both mike.

Cheapest option is to recode keys and remote. Basically when new keys are programmed in. The old are deleted.

When remotes are programmed in, All none present remotes are cancelled out.

If you don't want to change the locks, the old/stolen keys will still open the doors manually (not with the buttons) but they wont start the car.

As said, if you need someone local to you, let me know , I'm an autolocksmith and I'm in contact with lockies al over the country.

We pass work onto one another,