Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Intermittent Cruise!

winemart2

Bells & whistles? Pfffffffft although what do I expect for 12+ grand.
I rarely use cruise, in the 6 months from new I doubt the buttons have been pressed > a dozen times each. I tried it today, nothing, no indicator even. Then it came on (and worked) when I hit the + button, "sometimes". I've also noticed that the - vol button doesn't work for a full 30 secs after ignition on.
This is progress, right?

:rolleyes:

How did you try to use it?

Pressing ON puts the system into a standby mode, then you press SET when at the speed you want, pressing a pedal puts it back into standby, OFF turns it completely off.

Hi Mark, yes, the book says the indicator should light when you press ON, it doesn't, but occasionally it does if I press + (then it works).

Book says - On = standby, off = completely off, + or - = set, Res/Can = resume/cancel. (off loses the set-point).

I think that's one of a few errors in the book, I've only known the light to come on when you've set the speed.

• Like 1

Yeah only comes on when speed is set.

Well anyway, it's screwed :D

It'll be the usual, works fine for us, sir.

Actually no, it almost never works.

Winemart are you ever half glass full kinda guy lol

• Like 1

LOL :D

I like to think i'm a realist. Prolly comes from being an old art.

• Like 1

Get it fixed while it is still under warranty. Mine failed after a Ford Dealer service at 4 years old and they wanted £190 to replace the switch.

Gordon Bennet, if it IS the switch it's unfit for purpose, its barely been used.

I think that's one of a few errors in the book, I've only known the light to come on when you've set the speed.

Yeah I can confirm that too. I'd get it to a dealer and they should sort it under warranty.

Gordon Bennet, if it IS the switch it's unfit for purpose, its barely been used.

They told me that they "suspected" the switch was faulty after charging me £84 for a "diagnostic". It was just the same as the OP's fault: sometimes worked perfectly but mostly wouldn't work at all. I got my £84 back after I traded the car in for a new one elsewhere! The Fiesta Mk7 is a fantastic car but that experience put me right off it.

£84 for god sake, they should be bull-whipped. What a money spinner.

£84 for god sake, they should be bull-whipped. What a money spinner.

Especially as it failed when they serviced it. It has put me off Fords for life!

Would you credit it? I must've tried the cruise a dozen times today. Perfect first time, every time, all buttons working EVERY time.

grrrrrrrrrr.

Yes, been there! Wait until you set it and the indicator light comes on - then goes off 10 seconds later without you touching anything. Even more exasperating!

It's about time all this clever ollocks was done away with. Blank cheque for the dealers.

Gimme an A35 van with 85 XR2 CVH and no !"£$%^& processors.

Only starting if you've had a p o o p after 8:30, when it's raining and there's an R in the month is a joke.

I'm surprised they ever start.

Ahh yes sir, the CANBUS tester says that your ashtray (not fitted) is full. A full service is required, that'll be squillions of quid.

Sign here.

• Like 1

Hmmm I am not so sure. I still remember my company 1.6 Cortina Estates which NEVER started on cold damp mornings! When they went in for service I usually had to reset the points to the correct dwell angle (and sometimes the ignition timing as well) to get them running properly again. And only 25mpg average to boot. I think I prefer my current car with all its driver aids and 55mpg.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club