Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk1

Bladerunner

Hi , its been a while since I posted but I need some advice on issues with my Sons old focus, its a 52 plate zetec 1.6 petrol.

He has moved on to a Skoda fabia mk1 vrs my daughter is about to start learning to drive with the focus, now the drivers window has stopped working and the central locking is not working on offside back door.

Also the interior fan makes a random terrific loud fluttering screetching noise.

Anyone any ideas on solving these issues.

Thanks in anticipation.

The window is probably a tired motor or regulator failure, best whip the door card off and have a look. Probably best getting parts from a scrapper.

Central locking on rear door could again be a tired locking mechanism or something is disconnected, hoik the locking mechanism out of the scrapper too. As for the fan... Well that would probably be cheaper to replace the fan unit. Probably a dashboard out job. My old Honda did this fairly often, I ignored it as I didn't fancy taking the dash apart. With luck and patience it wouldn't take long to sort the doors out, if you do take them apart be careful as they do not smooth the edges inside a door, one slip and you will get a nasty cut.

There may be guides, have a look in the 'guides' section.

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

Hi Goodkat,

Thanks for the thoughts, I remember from my youth, getting cuts when installing door Speakers!

Regards