Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Management Light

Jaz1962

I have a 2001 2.0l petrol mk3 Mondeo.

Engine management light came on Coil pack a shown as fault changed the coil pack for brand new one still showing the same fault.

Engine fires on 2 and 3 but not on 1 or 4 changed plugs leads everything I could think of and still getting the same error code.

I seen somewhere about the wiring and have spoke to auto electrician who said I would need to take to Ford dealership.

Is there anything else I could try. Can't really afford to take to dealership. but being disabled I need the car to get about in as I've been stuck in the house ofr over 3 weeks now.

James

Is the EML still pointing at coil pack? Does the Mondeo have more than 1 coil pack?

I mention this as my old boss kept getting EML on his car, and kept saying EGR. EGR was replaced, kept coming on and playing up. Garage spent a further £200 replacing other parts, light kept coming back on. A trip to the dealers and an extensive road test shown that the EGR was faulty. Another new one and all was right in the world.

Was it a Ford Genuine Coil Pack or a pattern part?

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

Doesn't each spark plug have it's own coil pack ?

I would have a check of the wiring, particularly at the coil pack. Often the code only tells what is out of parameter not what is actually at fault.

What was the code?

Has single coil pack I have checked that the plugs will fire by taking them out and using 2 and 3 to check also using the leads from 1 and 4 they work on 2 and 3 so not plugs or leads.

I have spoken to auto electrician and he doesn't seem interested in even looking for me

What is the error code ?

I have the same problem on a another car, and after i change the coil the issue was not solved. It was resolved after I changed the spark plugs and chips.

Has single coil pack I have checked that the plugs will fire by taking them out and using 2 and 3 to check also using the leads from 1 and 4 they work on 2 and 3 so not plugs or leads.

I have spoken to auto electrician and he doesn't seem interested in even looking for me

Find another auto-electrician, if matey can afford to decline your work I am sure there are many more who would welcome it

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club