Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Idle Issue!! Please Read Itl Only Take A Min

oneillchris

2000 1.4 focus, low idle, replaced idle air control valve, replaced throttle position sensor, cleaned throttle body, fully serviced filters oil and plugs and fuel regulator, Used injector fuel additives tryd to reset idle but no look cleaned mass airflow.

Car drives perfect but just idles low causeing vibrating, put car on computer no faults, any one no what else I could try,

Thanks for reading

Engine load is 40 % at idle

have you looked for any intake vacuum leaks?

Pcm update...there was a pcm update to cure low idle issues on the focus you'll need ford to update it

Thanks for the replys, no vacuum

Leaks. Guess it's gonna b a Ford update, any idea how much should I be lookin at? Cheers

Around £90 if its an update it needs the pcm diodes can fail which can cause an idle issue what is the idle speed on the dash test the focus idles at 670-730 rpm no way to change that I'm afraid it can also be a duff o2 sensor since its designed at idle to reduce emissions hence the low idle even a faulty engine mount will cause vibration

Thanks for the reply wheres the o2 sensor on the exhaust pipe? It looks about ri on the dash but it's just slightly under tiking not by much but it is causing an annoying vibration true the car, there seems to be alot of little faults with these cars theres only 90k on the clock and the cars as tight as a drum pity about the little. Faults

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club