Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil Pressure Warning

Daz-B

Hi, I have a 2012 1.4 TDCI, I've recently had a service and first MOT, since then I keep getting a warning come up on the screen, "engine oil pressure low stop safely" it comes on when I first start it up on a morning only for a second then goes off and doesn't come on till I start it up the next day, changed the oil filter again and it was ok for a day then it come on again for that split second, can anyone help please thanks.

I'd take it back to the place that did the MOT and service - if it started just after that then they probably caused the problem and should fix it.

• Like 1

Don't carry on with it too much, possibly a worn engine bearing or oil pump is knackered, you can gain extra life by putting a thicker oil and it'll generate higher pressures.

What's the oil level on the dipstick ?

Out of curiosity, what mileage is the car? For a 2012 it sounds quite young to be dying! Unless of course it's done tonnes of miles

ive just had this on my 2008 fiesta took it back to ford and they said there was some update for it might be worth going to your local ford dealer

• 11 months later...

Hi

Have you got it sorted eventually? I've just started to have exactly the same issue on the same model, and at the Ford car dealers they told while the fault is intermittent and not reproducible on a daily basis (when my car is in their garage) they do not have anything to fix.