Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Do You Reset The Trip On Ford Fiesta 1.4 Zetec

PatrickYork

Hi,

I am guessing I am going to kick myself when I get the answer to this question, but I have just bought a second hand Ford Fiesta 1.4 Zetec (2007) and I cannot figure out how to reset the trip meter. As far as I can tell so far, I can't find this mentioned in either the handbook or the audio handbook. Can anyone please tell me how to do it?

Kind wishes ~ Patrick

PS - It has a built-in Sony radio/CD, which has a menu button, and the manual does say that some (non-radio) functions may be controlled from there. It doesn't mention which ones, and so far I haven't found anything in the menus that relates to any non-radio features.

on the fiesta i think you have the buttons on your speedo cluster - one on each side in the middle!

post-28472-0-25023000-1432902615_thumb.j

on the fiesta i think you have the buttons on your speedo cluster - one on each side in the middle!

attachicon.giffiesta.JPG

Ah, there are two holes there, with black grommets fitted. I am guessing that means the buttons have gone missing.

• Like 1

How do you set your clock as the 'other' button is used to set your time!

How do you set your clock as the 'other' button is used to set your time!

The clock is on the Sony radio and is set via the menu button on the radio.

• Like 1

Is it on the end of the wiper stalk? I seem to recall using this on my mk2 Focus where you selected the menu item by repeatably pressing the button and held the button in to reset.

But I could be wrong. :-)

Maybe re-post in the Fiesta forum?

Is it on the end of the wiper stalk? I seem to recall using this on my mk2 Focus where you selected the menu item by repeatably pressing the button and held the button in to reset.

But I could be wrong. :-)

Maybe re-post in the Fiesta forum?

I tried holding in the button on the end of the radio control stalk, which activates the voice control. I will have a look at the wiper control, and try re-posting this in the Fiesta Forum. Thanks.

Hold the button on the end of the left indicator

Hold the button on the end of the left indicator

Wow! The button is indeed there. Now I have seen it, I cannot believe I didn't see it before. From driver's eye view, it is right behind the wheel rim, and I have never had a button there before, so I just didn't look properly. It actually provides access to four functions: trip, average MPG, distance to empty and average speed. Excellent! Thank you all for your help.

PS - Still don't understand why is is so conspicuously difficult to find in the manual. No doubt I will find it in there now, too. :wacko: