• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kieran09

kieran09

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta mrk 4
Posted 23 August 2009 - 02:47 PM

im thinkin of gettin a 1.7 puma engine for my mrk 4 fiesta as at the min it has a 1.25 ...baciacally will it be worth it ?? ive found a engine im lookin at gettin but hav been told tha the engine can hav a few problems but if i was to go ahead with the job will i need to upgrade the brakes ??

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 gaz6076

gaz6076

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk5 Fiesta

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:51 PM

The engine will fit straight in without any problems. You will need the engine mount and ecu from the puma aswell. You will other stuff aswell eg manifolds

It would be a good idea to upgrade the brakes with the extra power from the 1.7. I'm not sure but I think the puma breaks fit

#3 jasonst170

jasonst170

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Ford Model: focus st170

Posted 29 August 2009 - 11:28 AM

The engine will fit straight in without any problems. You will need the engine mount and ecu from the puma aswell. You will other stuff aswell eg manifolds

It would be a good idea to upgrade the brakes with the extra power from the 1.7. I'm not sure but I think the puma breaks fit

and suspension

#4 kieran09

kieran09

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta mrk 4
Posted 31 August 2009 - 10:25 PM

ideal thanks for the help ...the suspension ive had sorted all ready so it all good :) ...

#5 Purdy fpv

Purdy fpv

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Ford Model: Puma 1.7 VCT

Posted 11 September 2009 - 09:48 PM

once you have got the 1.7 in. You could go up to the next level and tune it so that you can get power levels close to the Racing Puma.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users