Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Programme Keyless Start Remote. Starting And Entry.

Robbiejc843

I have had to purchase another remote for our Grand C-max, Not from main dealer. Can I reprogramme it myself or do I have to go to a main dealer. It is a keyless start and not keyless entry. When I have removed the cover off where the ignition barrel would be there is only a plastic holder without any slot for a key. The remote slides and latches in nicely though? Photos of key fob below. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards Rob

post-56871-0-41938400-1432993024_thumb.j

post-56871-0-39137500-1432993028_thumb.j

The slot is so you can fit a key up close to the transponder receiver for programming.

Basically key goes in, an IDS device plugs into the data port (OBD) and the car recognises and authorises the key's transponder to deactivate the immobiliser system.

Ford charges a daft amount to do this whereas an independent Auto Locksmith will do it far quicker and cheaper.

It would be advisable to get the back up key blade (e-key) in the fob cut at the same time in case manual lock access is required.

• Like 1

Cheers for that. I was expecting the Main dealers to charge a silly amount! I shall seek out a auto locksmith and let you know!

Regards Rob

• Like 1

The slot is for an already programmed remote and is slotted in when the fob battery is flat , therefore enabling the car to start.

to program the fob , the ford ids computer used to require an out code and in code from ford , allowing programming, slightly different now.

But try a locksmith as will be cheaper

• Like 1

Some times the new key needs to be in the slot to be programed, sometimes you can hold the new key up against the cover.

Either way you wont be able to programme it without the correct equipment.

A local auto locksmith to you would be charging around £40 to £50 to programme the key you supply.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club