Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can't Make Up My Mind If I Like This Not

roocat

I recently got myself an ST3 in panther black. I love the colour and have no regrets but the only small downside is i think the grill stands out nicely in all the other colours available, but gets kinda hidden on the panther black..

I had an idea in mind how i'd colour it if i could and today i've tested the idea temporarily so i can see what it looks like before i try and get it done properly, if i decide i want to.

What do you think?, does it look a bit sh*t?. I think i like it and i haven't see one like this, i didn't want to do the black edition lips with it but at the same time i wanted to enhance it with a pop of red/orange somehow..

Does anyone have any other ideas?, seen any other black ST owners do anything with theirs?.

post-60710-0-31237100-1432999876_thumb.p

I'm like you. Part of me loves it but another part is a bit dubious

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Just do the grille surround a different colour.

The whole grille would look too much imo.

• Like 1

It would possibly handle being the colour of your wheels but even the St badge looks lost in the red.

I think that'd it look better with the just grill surround done. You could then get the mirror caps, ST badges and brake callipers painted to match whatever colour you choose. Orange would work really well with the black and would make it stand out from the crowd.

• Like 1

am i the only one who thinks that red and black look disgusting?

worst colour combo imo

lime green or orange or white yes but black and red?????????

the black edition looks fookin vile.

Part of me likes it (a really small part of me lol) it just look a bit too 'in our face'

Imo a better idea would be to do the grill surround, will help the ST badge stand out a little more, then potentially get a front splitter in the same colour to complete the look on the front! Not too much colour but enough to make a noticeable difference.

Have seen a couple like it before, will try and find a picture for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Imo a better idea would be to do the grill surround, will help the ST badge stand out a little more, then potentially get a front splitter in the same colour to complete the look on the front! Not too much colour but enough to make a noticeable difference.

Have seen a couple like it before, will try and find a picture for you.

I was thinking of something similar, like this:

post-60600-0-13068000-1433027088_thumb.j

• Like 3

In your words, that 'does look a (big) bit sh*t'.

worst colour combo imo

You're not the only one.

I was thinking of something similar, like this:

attachicon.giffiesta st triple r splitter-6.jpg

Not 100% on that one, I like the grill surround but think it's the wrong shade for the mirror caps to look spot on probably just me. Each to their own I guess..

That said though, those rims!

worst colour combo imo

So Black with red is f'ing vile but black with lime green or orange is ok?

There is a black/white edition coming soon though.

I think it looks nice personally.

Probably going to put you off completely now and say it reminds me a little bit of the rover 200 BRM lol.

Just do the grille surround a different colour.

The whole grille would look too much imo.

Totally agree.

• Like 1

So Black with red is f'ing vile but black with lime green or orange is ok?

There is a black/white edition coming soon though.

just my opinion mate.

think red and black looks tacky.

each to their own though. :rolleyes:

heheh thanks all, that's been a good read :) I think you've confirmed what i was already thinking, it's overall not a great look!. I really don't want to do the grill surround as i think i can only get away with red or orange (i have the molten orange seats) and it all starts to look a bit black and red edition then.

A triple r splitter is deffo on the list as i think they transform the look of the ST, i like what Nathan54771 did with the red wrapped lower lip in this build thread too. I'm thinking of maybe doing the same and then i might see how the very bottom of the rear diffuser looks in red, then i'll open it up to you black 'n red haters again lol :D

cheers

• Like 1

Since folk with zetec, titanium etc change front grill to look like S or ST. You could change yours the opposite way lol

Since folk with zetec, titanium etc change front grill to look like S or ST. You could change yours the opposite way lol

Lol some might think that blasphemous in some way :)

• Like 2

I prefer my titanium to look like a titanium, why make it look like something that it's not. If you want the look of the ZS or ST then buy one!

I prefer my titanium to look like a titanium, why make it look like something that it's not. If you want the look of the ZS or ST then buy one!

If a 5 door were available than I'd buy one :p

• Like 2

heheh thanks all, that's been a good read :) I think you've confirmed what i was already thinking, it's overall not a great look!. I really don't want to do the grill surround as i think i can only get away with red or orange (i have the molten orange seats) and it all starts to look a bit black and red edition then.

A triple r splitter is deffo on the list as i think they transform the look of the ST, i like what Nathan54771 did with the red wrapped lower lip in this build thread too. I'm thinking of maybe doing the same and then i might see how the very bottom of the rear diffuser looks in red, then i'll open it up to you black 'n red haters again lol :D

cheers

post-57375-0-03889500-1433097887_thumb.j

post-57375-0-28251900-1433097908_thumb.j

• Like 2

Now I quite like that but the front is a bit too bold.

Ooh nice. I think that's made my mind up on the rear valance. Front wise I think I'll stick with a black splitter and have the lower lip of the spoiler in red. Rest I think I'll keep stock.

Cheers for the pics, not seen those before :)

I've seen someone with the horizontal bars on the lower grill and foglight surrounds highlighted in red also.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club