Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Florida Spending Money How Much?

Paramanic

Going to Florida in a week on Monday and just wondering how much money a will need?

The Parks all payed for

Getting breakfast at the hotel/apartment

So all I need now is spending money

Trying to work out how Much I would need I'm UK money Any thoughts?

Ma gf can be a shopaholic so she said shes taking around 1k in UK money but I don't know also there for 14 days and arriving and leaving first class (saved up a lot for this)

And have got around a combined luggage if 38kg each or something so can buy stuff but never been before so don't know what to take

There are plenty of good Shopping Mals around International drive as i remember, food is priced pretty good, but remember they expect tips, if you don't tip, if you go to the same place again expect a long wait :), $1000 should easy cover you for two weeks, depending on what you are thinking of buying, designer clothes are much cheaper than we pay.

Make sure you go to a few Outlet Centres, check on TripAdvisor to see which ones are the best, or if they are worth your time. Some huge bargains can be had, its astonishing how much more we get charged here for clothes, when in fact all of it comes from the same place - India/China/Vietnam/Bangladesh etc. Rip Off UK!!!

And remember to tip, as above.

• Like 1

38kg each!! Thats some shopping! It will be hot and humid by now, pack light clothing and a light waterproof, will rain at 3.15 in the afternoon.lol , as paul above said tipping eats into your money, and 10% minmum. Are you hiring car or bus, taxi. If car allow for parking costs at park, if taxi, then taxi charges and tips again.does add up over 2 weeks.

florida mall is a good one to go to, about 15 mins from international drive, off

sandlake road.l

• Like 1

Better to take too much than too little as we got caught out last year and had to transfer some more funds onto our Caxton Visa currency card while in Vegas. Not that it was a hardship doing the transfer on the app lol but you get the point. Almost lost the said card when I dropped it into an ornamental pool in a restaurant in Los Angeles. What a tw*t :lol:

Incontro is right about rip off UK. I picked up two, yes two pairs of Levi's from Macy's in San Francisco for what worked out as £55. About £70 a pair here!

I'll be doing my Christmas shopping in NYC this year so please follow suit and pounce on whatever deals you find out there in Florida! Enjoy it!

I always buy trainers and levi'swhen in orlando, like paul I use fairfx currency card, which I can top up via internet when im running low. Much easier than cash etc, bit late now to get one I guess?

I don't know if you can use a Cash Passport card, but that's what I did when I went to Venice last year and it was very handy. It's basically a debit card that you can top up with any currency (or maybe just euros).

You can top it up online but you do get a small charge each time you do this, so it's probably best to put on it what you think you'll need and top up if you run out. Then you can convert what's left back to £ when you're finished :)

Thanks for all the help sorry a didnt get back sooner i have been working alot! lol :P
but yeah alot of good info here i have been challenged by my otherhalfs father to go on the Summit Plummit in One of the disney parks lol but yeah Phil were going to get money today and they have the travel card thing too! so might take a certain amount of money and rest on the card :)

• Like 1

When i went a few years back I spent 2 G's in 2 weeks! :iim:

this was partly due to the fact we went self catering and eating out every day cost a bomb!

The Malls there are HUGE! think one was the Mall of Florida (or something).

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club