Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Endless Reliability Issues

onlyoneunited

My 1.25 petrol car has 120,000 miles and is 9 years old so getting on a bit but in the 2 and 1/2 years I have owned it I have replaced....

From what I understand a lot of these are common issues

-Driver side door moulding.

-Driver side headlamp fitting.

-Thermostat housing.

-Ignition Coils and leads.

-Front suspension coild spring( did other side as precaution too).

-Front tyre due to fault ( admittedly not a ford issue)

Does this seem particlarly high for my car, I do mainly motorway miles and don't exactly thrash the thing.

I bough it with full FSH and do regular oil changes etc..

Maybe its time I bought something japanese, though it has been a great car for me otherwise.

For the number of miles I would say not entirely unexpected. I had a fuel pump go on my mk1.5 focus zetec ebony at 60k then 20k later a seal went on the replacement pump and it dumped a full tank of petrol on the road.

I think at around 80k it also had full set of discs and callipers replaced all round and rear suspension coils and bushings when i took it in for a belt change.

Ignition coil & leads are a common fault. As are the front springs.

So all you've really done out of the norm Is a door moulding (did this fall off?, if so; common issue) thermostat housing & headlight

Overall I'd say for 120k your cars done quite well.

When I bought my previous mk6 it had 120k and had a tonne of service history due to faults and damage :)

Ok, that's reassured me a little. I did a lot of the work myself so I've saved on labour in that way.

And yes the door moulding flew off on its own accord on a motorway.

The good think with ford parts it they're pretty cheap and available.

Belt was done before I bought it so if I can get another 20,000 miles from the car I'd be pretty pleased.

• Like 1

Ok, that's reassured me a little. I did a lot of the work myself so I've saved on labour in that way.

And yes the door moulding flew off on its own accord on a motorway.

The good think with ford parts it they're pretty cheap and available.

Belt was done before I bought it so if I can get another 20,000 miles from the car I'd be pretty pleased.

That's the thing with Ford's. So easy work on. The service history quickly stopped when I bought mine as I also did all the work, as I still do with this fiesta.. most recently a snapped spring :(.

The door trims are best stuck on with epoxy, silicone adhesive or 3m double sided tape :)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club