Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Error E199

RS2000

Hi

Does anyone know what DTC error code E199 means? Has anyone else had this and found the problem?

Cheers

• 2 months later...

This is not a Ford DTC as all Ford ones start with P, did you have it scanned by a non Ford dealer?

This is not a Ford DTC as all Ford ones start with P, did you have it scanned by a non Ford dealer?

This is the error code that is displayed on the LCD display when I switch it into diagnostic mode.

This is all i can find

Self-Diagnostic Mode

Test Odometer Display Gauge/Indicator/Display Tested Description

1. Gauge drive and displays GAGE Tachometer, speedometer, temperature and fuel Both pointers move from the rest position (zero) to below the rest position and then back to the rest position (the pointers will not carry out a full sweep as in previous vehicles). All segments of the engine temperature and fuel level liquid crystal displays (LCD) are illuminated.

2. Fill in all LCD All segments illuminated Odometer LCD Fills in LCD of odometer.

3. Indicator LED(s) bulb Indicators and warning indicators Illuminates all the warning indicators that are controlled by the instrument cluster.

4. ROM level r XXXX

FAIL Instrument cluster read only memory (ROM) Displays the instrument cluster ROM level and type.

5. Non-volatile memory level nrXXXX Instrument cluster non-volatile memory Displays the instrument cluster ROM level and type as stored in the non-volatile memory.

6. Not required EE XX

FAIL Checksum fault Not required.

7. Not required CF1 XX Configuration Not required.

8. Not required CF2 XX Configuration Not required.

9. Not required CF3 XX Configuration Not required.

10. Diagnostic trouble code (DTC) dtc then XXXX

NONE DTCs If any DTCs are displayed. REFER to WDS to diagnose the instrument cluster. A new DTC code will be displayed with each press of the reset button.

11. Vehicle speed m.p.h. E XXXX Speedometer Displays the speed signal input in m.p.h. Dashes in odometer display if no signal received.

12. Vehicle speed km/h XXXX Speedometer Displays the speed signal input in km/h. Dashes in odometer display if no signal received.

13. Not required SGXXXX Speedometer driver gauge count Not required.

14. Engine speed t XXXX Tachometer Displays the tachometer input signal (RPM). Dashes in odometer display if no signal received.

15. Not required tGXXXX Tachometer driver gauge count Not required.

16. Fuel volume F1 XXX Fuel sender system Displays the fuel volume signal input. 000 - 009 Short circuit. 010 - 254 Normal range. 255 open circuit

17. Not required FP1 XXX Input Not required.

18. Not required FPt XXX Input Not required.

19. Fuel level FGXXXX Fuel LCD Displays the number of segments illuminated in the Fuel LCD.

20. Engine coolant temperature XXX C Engine coolant temperature Displays the last engine coolant temperature signal input in 1/10 degree C.

21. Engine temperature CGXXXX Temperature LCD Displays the number of segments illuminated in the temperature LCD.

22. Odometer input odoXXX Odometer display Displays the odometer input received. 0 - 254 valid odometer input. 255 invalid odometer input.

23. Not required trn -X Input Not required.

24. Not required IUd XX Input Not required.

25. battery voltage bAtXXX battery Voltage Displays battery voltage input.

26. Brake fluid switch bf -X Brake fluid level input -O Good fluid level. -G Low fluid level.

27. Handbrake switch hb -X Handbrake input -O Handbrake off. -G Handbrake on.

28. Illumination SLP -X Parking light input -b Parking lights on. -O Parking lights off.

29. Not required LCXXXX LCD duty cycle Not required.

30. Crank sense Cr -X Crank sense circuit Displays the crankshaft sensor input to the instrument cluster. -b Input high. -O Input low.

This is the error code that is displayed on the LCD display when I switch it into diagnostic mode.

Thanks for the information but this is the procedure I used and its the 10 item on the list which displays the error code. I suspect it relates to the engine temperature sender unit which is sending an intermittent signal. I am going to replace the sender unit and see if the error code disappears. I will post the results on here. Once again thanks for your help.

• 1 month later...

Update for all interested

Code E199 is 'Erratic Temparature readings'. The problem was with the connector to the temperature sensor. A quick clean with switch cleaner has fixed the problem, well so far! The engine is now running smoother.

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

RS2000 could you write for me how exactly you solved this problem? What cabled you cleaned and with what ?

The cable that connects to the sensor. Remove and clean the contacts with switch cleaner. Switch cleaner can be purchased from Maplins. Hope this is helpful.

• 1 year later...

sorry to bring up a old topic

but do you mean the cylinder head temp sensor? the one at right side of the block when you are facing the window?

if not could you please tell me what one you mean?

thanks a lot

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club