Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hooray

Reel105

Good morning all, hope your Monday isn't too bad.

Just got a phone call to let me know that my car is there and ready to be picked up. Got my registration number which has suddenly made all of this very real.

So, Tuesday 1st September at 10:30AM is the official time. I'm really pleased at how efficient and cooperative the dealer has been.

Ian

PICTURES, PICTURES AND MORE PICTURES PLEASE!

Happy for ya

Nice one. My car is ready for pickup the day after tomorrow. I thought a lot about waiting for 1st September just for the 59 plate number but they were giving me a cracking good deal and it only stood if it was an August purchase. The main reason why I chose not to get the 59 plate number was because I was getting a better deal on the same car but also, because I already have a private plate number going on it so it won't make much difference to me :)

Congrats anyways!

Nice one. My car is ready for pickup the day after tomorrow. I thought a lot about waiting for 1st September just for the 59 plate number but they were giving me a cracking good deal and it only stood if it was an August purchase. The main reason why I chose not to get the 59 plate number was because I was getting a better deal on the same car but also, because I already have a private plate number going on it so it won't make much difference to me :)

Congrats anyways!

Yeah, that would make sense.

I'll get some pictures up when it arrives but, to be honest, it's a pretty bog standard 5dr Style+ (with added alloys) so I'm not sure it'll be much to look at.

Congrats anyways!

It might not show while it is yours as you have your personal plate but when you sell it on . . . .

And you can always get better deals in February and August as those are the leaner months for dealers as private buyers wait for the release of the new plates.

I am thinking I might buy one ready for when 59 is not the current number anymore . . If I am allowed of course!

I'll get some pictures up when it arrives but, to be honest, it's a pretty bog standard 5dr Style+ (with added alloys) so I'm not sure it'll be much to look at.

It migth be a pretty bog standard one - but it is your pride and joy and we all like to enjoy that with a few pictures

It might not show while it is yours as you have your personal plate but when you sell it on . . . .

And you can always get better deals in February and August as those are the leaner months for dealers as private buyers wait for the release of the new plates.

I am thinking I might buy one ready for when 59 is not the current number anymore . . If I am allowed of course!

I also thought about that. But I saved a couple grand on the car just by getting it now. When I sell it on, the difference in selling price between an 09 and 59 plate will certainly not be 2 grand, so even when I sell it, I will have made an overall save in money :) Nonetheless, cannot wait for Wednesday :)

It migth be a pretty bog standard one - but it is your pride and joy and we all like to enjoy that with a few pictures

You got that bit right.

I'll try and get some while it still has that dealership shine!

I also thought about that. But I saved a couple grand on the car just by getting it now. When I sell it on, the difference in selling price between an 09 and 59 plate will certainly not be 2 grand, so even when I sell it, I will have made an overall save in money :) Nonetheless, cannot wait for Wednesday :)

Expecting to see the pictures of yours up on Wednesday then - either on a forum or in the gallery

You got that bit right.

I'll try and get some while it still has that dealership shine!

So what colour are you getting or are you going to make us wait until the pictures go up?

Sure, if not Wednesday then I will try and post some pics on Thursday :) Not anything special and certainly nothing you haven't seen before, but it is my first car so didn't want to go overboard with the engine size. I will certainly be customizing it slowly as the months progress though.

Sure, if not Wednesday then I will try and post some pics on Thursday :) Not anything special and certainly nothing you haven't seen before, but it is my first car so didn't want to go overboard with the engine size. I will certainly be customizing it slowly as the months progress though.

I always think I will customise as I go along but it never happens hence why I order what I want when I get it . . .

Fair enough. I got the Zetec model so it has some nice stuff in there already but depending on what the sound system is like, I might get something better installed. Also might change the alloys and (possibly) tint the windows although I'm not too sure on that one. Let's see what happens!

There is a thread on here about a Pioneer sourced upgrade for the stereo that Ford provide although not sure of the finer details of that one

There is a thread on here about a Pioneer sourced upgrade for the stereo that Ford provide although not sure of the finer details of that one

Hmm interesting. I might look into that. Any idea how much it costs including fitting services? Was thinking about going to get it done professionally from Halfords they have some great systems too but a Pioneer speaker system would also be great at the right price.

Hmm interesting. I might look into that. Any idea how much it costs including fitting services? Was thinking about going to get it done professionally from Halfords they have some great systems too but a Pioneer speaker system would also be great at the right price.

Sorry, none at all

The sound system in the Zetec's with bluetooth (6 speaker set up) is very good for a small car. Don't think you will need to change it for some time yet :)

Expecting to see the pictures of yours up on Wednesday then - either on a forum or in the gallery

So what colour are you getting or are you going to make us wait until the pictures go up?

Nah, I'll not make you wait - it's Ocean Blue. No doubt I'll take some pictures on Tuesday morning so I'll try and upload them in the afternoon.

I dunno, the Style+ seems to be as rare as hen's teeth on here. If anything, the Titaniums are the bog standard ones. Everybody's got one! :lol:

I dunno, the Style+ seems to be as rare as hen's teeth on here. If anything, the Titaniums are the bog standard ones. Everybody's got one! :lol:

Well everyone seems to have Zetecs. I was originally down for one but had to change to a Style+ for ethical reasons. If I'm honest, I don't think I'll miss anything - really wanted alloys so I added those.

Well everyone seems to have Zetecs. I was originally down for one but had to change to a Style+ for ethical reasons. If I'm honest, I don't think I'll miss anything - really wanted alloys so I added those.

I seem to be the only Zetec driver in my area, almost everyone else is a Titanium. Apart from the one Style+ I saw.

I seem to be the only Zetec driver in my area, almost everyone else is a Titanium. Apart from the one Style+ I saw.

There's just the one on my estate - a silver Style+.

In my head I have it mentally mapped out that my superior colour, wheels and that little number 5 on the registration plate that appears before the 9 makes mine the better car.

You haven't! :P

I think its the extra shiny shiny they added to it that has made more poeple got for Titanium's, namely the starter button :P

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club