Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 2 And It's Updates...

Morning all,

Now that sync 3 is out and about I'm struggling to find any info on sync 2 even though that is also quite new haha

I know in the US that they can upgrade their sync units from a firmware on a USB device and also sync map destinations using ford sync destinations app...

Why is it that we don't have these options yet with the same system?

I guessing we have to go into a dealer and have them update our maps etc which is a ginormous pain in the bum hole!

Also regarding apps to use via app link... I have seen the Ford catalogue of apps which equates to about 6 which is pretty poor but anyone know how to actually get any other ones going like Co pilot etc... It also says something about uploads apps... Anyone got any info how this works?

Any help would be great :)

I have a Ford focus titanium X 2015 if that's needed...

Cheers

• 3 months later...

Slightly OT but there is a big issue with Nokia phones and support of Bluetooth/hands-free.

To save anyone else wasting their time/money came across the info below.

The Nokia 220 does not support the bluetooth services (profiles):

• Stereo music (A2DP)
  • Headset (HSP)
  • Hands-free (HFP)

either because both phones are based on a new software platform called Nokia Series 30+ (MediaTek). Only supported is

• single file exchange (bluetooth OBEX Push with Simple-Secure Pairing; OPP SSP)
  • contact import (bluetooth Phone-Book Access; PBAP)

Therefore, it is not possible to use a headset with a Nokia 108, Nokia 130, Nokia 220 or Nokia 225, as of today. The Nokia 215 is the first to support at least headset and hands-free kits.

Surprised Nokia have problems seeing as they're Mocrosoft owned with the same proprietry software.

I think someone screwfed the pooch on that one.

Yeah, got a Nokia 220 for work and wasted a couple of hours to trying to connect to Sync 2. It's just a question that needs to be asked when buying "is the device hands free compatible via bluetooth?".

...otherwise, my somewhat dated iPhone 5 works like a charm on hands free.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club