Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Our Very Own Yplac Thread..

Ianb

1 hour ago, GMX said:

I live next door to one, it's seems to come naturally to him, but perhaps he did all his a-hole practice before he moved

He seems to be under the impression that when reversing out of the drive, it is mandatory to clasp his iphone to his right ear with his left hand, not too look (ever) and just lunge back into the road, regardless of the traffic. 

You ought to get video footage of him doing that!  He could be done for using his phone whilst driving, plus dangerous driving.

• Like 2

Technically the tyres are still in the parking area, but it is overhanging onto the walk-way.  I wonder how that stands legally?

He's legally parked.

No part of the vehicle is touching the path.

Sent from my SM-G930F

3 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

He's legally parked.

No part of the vehicle is touching the path.

Sent from my SM-G930F

That's what I suspected.  To be honest I wouldn't have too much of an issue with it, and sometimes end up doing it myself if I go a bit too far forward.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

That's what I suspected.  To be honest I wouldn't have too much of an issue with it, and sometimes end up doing it myself if I go a bit too far forward.

first of all he had so much space behind him you could park a Smart car in there. he was also quarter into another parking bay. an E CLass was parked next him without any overhang so do not see any reason why he had to go that far into the walkway. 

• Like 1

I'd have said that was obstructing a public path. Anyone with a pushchair would have to go onto the road to get around it?

• Like 2

A Neighbor has parked like this for a couple of weeks now, it can be parked like this for most of the day,  looks like the car at the back has a for sale sign on it. The car on the left also belongs to them.

photo0082.jpg

A Neighbor has parked like this for a couple of weeks now, it can be parked like this for most of the day,  looks like the car at the back has a for sale sign on it. The car on the left also belongs to them.

photo0082.jpg

Looks like a trader selling. But thats just poor behaviour

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

The problem with that pic of the discovery is as already stated, it's fine for an individual to squeeze down the gap, but a pushchair, wheel chair or the like will be unable to pass... 99% of the time the law is ok, but this is part of the 1% where just because it's legal, doesn't make it right...

Ghana, regarding your neighbour and Jamie, the problem with capturing footage and showing it to the police is that it may end up landing you in hot water with a neighbour... "I don't care!" you may reply?.... That might change when it comes down to mentioning neighbourly disputes when selling property etc. It's very difficult to complain about locals - there is a VW golf on the road where I park with illegally tinted windows, I'm tempted to mention it seeing as he has pulled out on me more than once, and by accident! (evidently his vision isn't great)... there is also a few people who obstruct the junction and make it difficult to pull into the road or out of the road, another bunch that park half a car length into a parking row - therefore setting the subsequent chain of further parked cars off by half a length, meaning you can't maximise the cars in a row! All of which are ridiculous, but they're neighbours and the last thing anyone needs is neighbourly disputes regardless of how little a **** you think you give...

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ianb said:

The problem with that pic of the discovery is as already stated, it's fine for an individual to squeeze down the gap, but a pushchair, wheel chair or the like will be unable to pass... 99% of the time the law is ok, but this is part of the 1% where just because it's legal, doesn't make it right...

Ghana, regarding your neighbour and Jamie, the problem with capturing footage and showing it to the police is that it may end up landing you in hot water with a neighbour... "I don't care!" you may reply?.... That might change when it comes down to mentioning neighbourly disputes when selling property etc. It's very difficult to complain about locals - there is a VW golf on the road where I park with illegally tinted windows, I'm tempted to mention it seeing as he has pulled out on me more than once, and by accident! (evidently his vision isn't great)... there is also a few people who obstruct the junction and make it difficult to pull into the road or out of the road, another bunch that park half a car length into a parking row - therefore setting the subsequent chain of further parked cars off by half a length, meaning you can't maximise the cars in a row! All of which are ridiculous, but they're neighbours and the last thing anyone needs is neighbourly disputes regardless of how little a **** you think you give...

I know what you mean, and totally agree - but why would they know the video came from Ghana?  There is such a thing as confidentiality, and as far as the perpetrator would know it could have been another neighbour, or a passing motorist (or someone he reversed out on!) with a dash-cam who reported him.

• Like 1

Would the neighbour as a 'defendant' not be entitled to see the video? Unless filmed from a vehicle or somewhat hidden location it might be hard to dispute who it was...Especially if he happens to notice Ghana + Brandy et al, standing there with a video camera one morning pointing right at him...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ianb said:

Would the neighbour as a 'defendant' not be entitled to see the video? Unless filmed from a vehicle or somewhat hidden location it might be hard to dispute who it was...Especially if he happens to notice Ghana + Brandy et al, standing there with a video camera one morning pointing right at him...

That's true, but if it were me I'd find a "hidden location".  I'd say it would be worthwhile considering he could reverse out one day and hit a child playing in the road, or someone on a bike etc... 

Oh if it's a cyclist then it's ok... Or hopefully the parents of any child they let play in the road....

• Like 1

Oh if it's a cyclist then it's ok... Or hopefully the parents of any child they let play in the road....

I do hate people who let their children play on the road. The worst has to be an estate round here where there will be children playing on the road most evenings despite there being a play area right next to that stretch of road.

Cyclists can also be a real pain, especially the ones who ride side by side. I've even had one cut me up on a roundabout before. You can guarantee that if I had hit the silly bugger I'd have been the villain.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

2 hours ago, hywelkidd said:

I do hate people who let their children play on the road. The worst has to be an estate round here where there will be children playing on the road most evenings despite there being a play area right next to that stretch of road.

Cyclists can also be a real pain, especially the ones who ride side by side. I've even had one cut me up on a roundabout before. You can guarantee that if I had hit the silly bugger I'd have been the villain.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yes, I've had a lot of cyclists riding two abreast recently.  If they get out of my way and wave an apology as I pass then that is OK, but the ones who look back, see I'm stuck behind them and then CONTINUE to take up the whole fecking road irritate the crap out of me. 

And then they say "we have as much right to be on the road as you"...  Let me ask you a question, do you pay road tax?  No?  THEN YOU DON'T HAVE AS MUCH RIGHT AS ME! :angry:

• Like 2

Servers him right. how to add video ?

Edited by Joss max
meh

Just copy the youtube link in the post

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

One of my work collegues just sent this, it's spectacularly inept parallel parking by the Merc:ohmy:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sainsbury's Livingston.....yet again, must be something about Sainsbury's!

IMG_1268.JPG

Spotted this a few days ago in Inverness...  Unfortunately, this was not the worst one I saw that day!

WP_20161102_16_01_16_Pro.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

Spotted this a few days ago in Inverness...  Unfortunately, this was not the worst one I saw that day!

WP_20161102_16_01_16_Pro.jpg

You could fill this page with examples of YPLAC from that carpark! :ohmy:

6 hours ago, Turvey said:

You could fill this page with examples of YPLAC from that carpark! :ohmy:

You know it then? :wink:

28 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

You know it then? :wink:

Was there a couple of weeks ago and will no doubt be there again next weekend on our next short visit :rolleyes: :smile:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club