Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Our Very Own Yplac Thread..

Ianb

Tbf that right hand space has the stupid tree planter in it.
Driver is still an ignorant div though

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

But...the van managed to park in a space with the planter in it......just! 

I agree though, div of the highest order! 

• Like 2

Probably like me rather plac than get his car dinked by a proper c*** who doesn’t give a s**t about anyone else’s car

Sent from my iPhone

• Like 1

I’ve seen people doing this in a pay and display car park and then paying for 2 spaces. That divides opinion, myself I think it’s fine in that situation. What do others on here think?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i find it funny yes they are paying double but its inconveniences others if they are in a rush.  

10 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

I’ve seen people doing this in a pay and display car park and then paying for 2 spaces. That divides opinion, myself I think it’s fine in that situation. What do others on here think?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/ferrari-driver-furious-parking-car-two-spaces-bays-church-road-antrim-northern-ireland-kevin-a8037651.html:wink:

I can see both sides, if you've got a car you're proud of, you don't want it damaged but then again why should you be selfish? 

• Like 1

For me, it depends where it is...  If you're fully* double parking at the back of a reasonably empty carpark I don't see the issue.  If you're double parking in a busy area that takes the mick a bit!

By fully, I mean parking right across two spaces, not just 10% into the next space...how annoying is it when there appears to be a space further up until you see it's just slightly too small. :dry:

• Like 1

I’ve not seen that article before @Turvey I wonder how he got on, did he win? I can see no real way that he has broken regs, he is within his boundaries/white lines on either edge of his vehicle.

I agree that it is selfish but it’s not illegal, it didn’t annoy me when I saw it in fact it made me chuckle. The car park wasn’t rammed though so maybe that helped. If councils made the bays larger then this wouldn’t happen. It’s pretty tight getting the Mk5 Mondeo in a bay without overhanging at the front or back.

According to the article he was fined because "Your vehicle was not parked completely within a marked bay."  so technically they were right, morally.........? 

Read almost the entirety of this thread and now have a large headache and a reduced lack of faith in the fellow humans that I share this planet with!

RANT INCOMINGGGGGG...

Will have to start putting my neighbour on here I think! They drive a C4 and have a long wheel base van as the guy works for BT. They've always been complete arses when it comes to parking tbh but their recent thing is making sure that the BT van is ALWAYS right in front of their house (legally parked but is an eyesore when looking out the window and causes a huge obstruction when crossing the road to my own car as I've been forced out of the space in front of my own house due to said van). My street is fairly busy (schools, train station and church nearby) so when it comes to spaces, you snooze you lose! However, they manage to get the van in front of their house EVERY SINGLE DAY! Here's how:

Husband leaves for work in the morning. Wife rushes out at ridiculous o'clock to get their C4 from the other side of the road and parks right in the middle of the space the van left. Seeing as no one could fit in the gaps she's left either side of the C4, the van-sized space remains for the entirety of the day. Husband returns from work in the evening and waits on the double yellows before all the spaces in the road begin. Wife rushes out (yet again) and moves the C4 out of the way so King BT can return to his original space, blocking up the road, the view and ***** off EVERY neighbour within a mile radius [emoji19] I had a period of leaving home around 5am on weekdays so have actually seen this in action - it's hilarious - and have caught them in the act on several evenings too. True dedication to an irrelevant cause if you ask me!

Example:

Blue box = Van-sized space

Purple box = where they plonked the C4

Gaps in between = one car space that someone could have used IF they simply moved forward or back *eye roll*13124427d9549e8fe2045d70926cbb4e.jpg

Sent from my Phantom6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

I’ve not seen that article before @Turvey I wonder how he got on, did he win? I can see no real way that he has broken regs, he is within his boundaries/white lines on either edge of his vehicle.

I agree that it is selfish but it’s not illegal, it didn’t annoy me when I saw it in fact it made me chuckle. The car park wasn’t rammed though so maybe that helped. If councils made the bays larger then this wouldn’t happen. It’s pretty tight getting the Mk5 Mondeo in a bay without overhanging at the front or back.

You could park in the baby and toddler bit. Those areas leave a good space between bays. I myself when going asda shopping park on the first floor and away from the lifts. A lot of people park near the lifts plus you don't have to insert a pound into the trolleys so you get people just leaving them and they just roll off somewhere and into people's cars. The wandering trolleys I've noticed are mainly near the lifts. Still get worried if some careless person parks next to me. 

On 15/11/2017 at 11:40 AM, TomsFocus said:

For me, it depends where it is...  If you're fully* double parking at the back of a reasonably empty carpark I don't see the issue.  If you're double parking in a busy area that takes the mick a bit!

By fully, I mean parking right across two spaces, not just 10% into the next space...how annoying is it when there appears to be a space further up until you see it's just slightly too small. :dry:

For parking in a busy area I go against. I parked in a side road just off a shopping street and 2 things happened: a lady with a suitcase crossed the road in front of my car and hit the bumper when going up the kurb then a few moments later a lady with her coat loose hit the body with her zip before crossing the road. Honestly best to avoid parking on busy areas. 

According to the article he was fined because "Your vehicle was not parked completely within a marked bay."  so technically they were right, morally.........? 

There is a distinct lack of morals these days (I don’t know how to say that without sounding old, which I’m not lol)

I’m normally ok for parking @zain611 well I am when it comes to width anyway. My blue badge normally sees to that and if there are no blue badge spaces I park in the parent and child bit as I have a young baby which at times feels like a disability [emoji23][emoji23]

• Like 1

Thank goodness for your ‘A’ grade example diagram @zagobir otherwise no one would have had a clue what you meant [emoji23] I can just imagine the wife now, running out to her car in her dressing gown and rollers! She won’t be doing that in the snow lol, it’s then you make your move. Buy a scrapper, a non starter and when you get your moment drop it into the space and leave it there, deny all knowledge and see how long it stays there before it is removed

Thank goodness for your ‘A’ grade example diagram [mention=86338]zagobir[/mention] otherwise no one would have had a clue what you meant [emoji23] I can just imagine the wife now, running out to her car in her dressing gown and rollers! She won’t be doing that in the snow lol, it’s then you make your move. Buy a scrapper, a non starter and when you get your moment drop it into the space and leave it there, deny all knowledge and see how long it stays there before it is removed

I do like to be thorough [emoji6]
Hahaa! I do wonder whether she's already up at that time or wakes up specifically to go and move the car... They do generally put in lots of effort to inconvenience my mum and I out of our parking spaces!
Oh, well that's a very civil approach. I was thinking of something more like... buying a Hummer and just booting them out of the way whenever I need to park up [emoji16][emoji56] Having said that, when I had 2 Fiestas (just bought one, waiting for a buyer for the other) we did sometimes have the opportunity to have my mum's car and both of mine in a convoy. And of course one Fiesta didn't move anywhere until it was sold [emoji57]

Well good morning to you too! (Tons of space in front btw) 79844231c43442482edc7ba2029b3f4b.jpg

• 2 months later...
284f9d45f4e2d29881f3ab64c346aa5f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Are you kidding!? [emoji23]🤦🏽‍♀️

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Are you kidding!? [emoji23]🤦🏽‍♀️

I wish I was, had to drive the wrong way round the car park because of this.

• Like 1

I wish I was, had to drive the wrong way round the car park because of this.

Some people's lack of logic really amazes me!

4 hours ago, hywelkidd said:

WOW! That can't be on purpose surely?! :scared:

Forgot to apply the handbrake maybe?

1 minute ago, dansallis said:

WOW! That can't be on purpose surely?! :scared:

Forgot to apply the handbrake maybe?

That's what I was thinking 😉

I raise you this.......

f6eb9496169bf65766816ec09e73b043.jpgfd56b3aa7ce7cb7f027c744b9041d705.jpg

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

I raise you this.......

f6eb9496169bf65766816ec09e73b043.jpgfd56b3aa7ce7cb7f027c744b9041d705.jpg

Did you get their details? Either they forgot to apply the handbrake or the cable snapped. I found applying the handbrake is now a involuntary thing for me to do. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club