1 reply to this topic

#1 dazza2471

dazza2471

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.8 TDCI
Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:08 PM

Hi Guys, i have a 2004 Focus 1.8 TDCI. I keep losing water from the header tank somewhere. I have looked under the car and there doesnt seem to be any leaking out, i have checked the oil filler cap and dipstick and there is no "muller rice" anywhere. Also when i top it up there is no oil in the water. When i got out of it today i could smell the water odour you get from cars (if you take off the cap and sniff). Any advice of tips would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 m3bobby

m3bobby

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Ford Model: 02 TDCI
Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:04 PM

Hi Guys, i have a 2004 Focus 1.8 TDCI. I keep losing water from the header tank somewhere. I have looked under the car and there doesnt seem to be any leaking out, i have checked the oil filler cap and dipstick and there is no "muller rice" anywhere. Also when i top it up there is no oil in the water. When i got out of it today i could smell the water odour you get from cars (if you take off the cap and sniff). Any advice of tips would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks

My 02 TDCI is doing the same thing. No signs of where the water is going!

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users