Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6 Speed Manual Gearbox Mount - Replace?

Jeff Cooper

Bought a high mileage 1.6Tdci 2011 Titanium X, beautiful car with lots of spec, and almost a straight swap for our older fiesta with the same engine - anyway, having had to replace both front coils, and drop links, I still have a strange clunking noise after the car has been running for a while. It seems to be related to gear changes, and its worse when the car is pulling, 2nd to 3rd gear change being the most obvious.

I'm sort of thinking that it could be the rear gearbox mount, which on getting under the car this morning doesn't appear to be too bad, and at cold would only move slightly - but I haven't had the chance to try moving it when the car is heated up.

Anyway, has anyone here had a similar problem, or replaced the mount themselves, and can give me some hints about whether they agree with my diagnosis, and how difficult it is to replace the mount?

I have a similar noise and I think its the mount but like you I cant see anything obvious. replacing it looks pretty straight forward tho and the part is reasonably priced

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club