Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vibration On Idle

DCTDC

Hi folks,

I've had my 06 MK3 Ghia 115 TDCI for a few months, have had the 75k dealer-specced service and have managed to resolve many of the issues I had with it.

One that has lurked though is the engine vibration on idle.

Here's a video: https://youtu.be/bBjVrx4nr9k

Difficult to tell due to the low framerate on my phone, but it's a pretty angry vibration that I feel throughout the interior too, particularly during the hours I've spent on the M4 in traffic over the last week.

... where do I start with troubleshooting? The one thing I do know is the belt running the fuel pump is perished and needs replacing.

Thanks!

Could be a duff engine or gearbox mount.

Does the noise or vibration change when you dip the clutch?

Indeed it does. The DMF wouldn't cause this much engine vibe though would it?

Yes it would! mine is the same, and i know for certain that my dmf is totally knackered. I have a feeling that yours is too!

Hmm, aren't there a few other more serious signs of a knackered dmf than noise and vibration?

Clutch is sound and starter does it's thing without fail.

Noise/Vibe get worse when clutch is pushed in and not so bad when it's out of gear and doing nothing.

But even then it varies between a heavier, harsher vibe and softer quieter one without me doing anything every few mins. So... ehh.

Symptoms for dmf failure vary wildly. Your description however sounds pretty typical. The way in which they fail varies as well. Sometimes they seize up completely, which cosidering the clutch plate has no torsion springs transmits all the engine vibration directly though the gearbox. Age and mileage are pretty typical for dmf going as well

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club