Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Focus Navigation System - Where Do I Input Postcode?

Loz1955

I have a 2014 Focus with the inbuilt navigation system. When I access the destination input screen there is no facility to input a postcode. What am I missing here?

have you got sync 2 ? post code is found by touching town, it toggles between town and postcode

older 2014 focus nav i dont know.

someone on here will enlighten us

Yes, found it thanks, Ian. Should've worked that out for myself really I think! Many thanks again.

Your not the first one to ask. Lol

Right, Ian. Before I found the postcode function, I entered our full home address and it accepted it. If I put our postcode in as well it says address is not valid and offers to place us I the middle of our road! Furthermore, most sensible satnavs allow you to put just the postcode in and go. Not this one- it appears you have to input the whole address before the "go" is enabled. So what's the point of worrying about the postcode in the first place? Any suggestions before I smash it? Thanks ;-)

sorry, no idea on that one, i havent got a new focus unfortunatly. there are a few on here who have so we will have to wait for them to hopefully come back with an answer to your query.

No need to apologise Ian. Thanks for all your help. I'll wait and see if anyone else has had the same experience!

• 8 years later...

hi all , when i go to put in a post code the number section appears but it wont let me add a letter example postcode A12 B123 it will allow me to enter numbers but not letters obviously am doing something wrong any help will and i be grateful also postcode is republic of ireland and i have a 2015 ford focus synz 2

See owners handbook page 243 onwards for details;

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/catalog/owner_guides/ENUSA_CG3568_Focus_mxcd_og_201403.pdf

You have to input the Country before you input the Postcode (see page 245 for input structure)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club