Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which Coolant?

Zico

Can someone confirm if this is the correct coolant for Fiesta ST:

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_super-plus_premium_anti-freeze_coolant_1ltr_f_1336799.htm

Noticed that my level is just at the minimum line and the car is only 2 1/2 months old.

5 litres here:

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_super-plus_premium_anti-freeze_coolant_5ltr_f_1336808.htm

If this is the right coolant, does anyone know the cheapest place to pick some up?

There are 2 types not sure ingredients but one is blue and one pink.

Your coolant level will go up and down with the temperatures of the engine. When cold expect to see it at or near the low level. When hot the water/coolant will expand and will likely rise to the higher level indicator . This why the tank is called "Expansion"

It very likely if you fill it up to the high mark when cold it will expel the coolant out of the overflow pipe meaning it will be back to square one.

If the colour of the mix in your expansion tank is pink which is likely then add the pink coolant. If blue use blue.

HTH,

Yeah I remember mine one time looking a little low.well lower than max. I topped it up and few days later I looked and it was back at original level.

Forgot to say that the coolant colour is pink.

When I was filling the washer fluid the engine was warm (just driven back from work ~18 miles).

I will go out and check the level shortly (will be stone cold as I've not driven anywhere since coming home yesterday).

I got some from Euro Car Parts cheap. Probably cheaper than Ford Stealers price.

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

Forgot to check the level earlier but I've just been out now and it's just under 1cm below the minimum line (level with the top of the lettering that says minimum). Definitely need to top-up.

1CM below the level is perfectly normal if the engine is stone cold. Absolutely normal and nothing at all to worry about. Dont be surprised if anything you add gets spat out of the overflow when the engine warms up.

By all means buy and add but to be frank its probably completely unnecessary.

IF and thats a big IF your level is dropping take it back to the dealers its virtually new ?

• Like 2

Hi Charlie,

As I have already ordered the coolant I will keep it for later on. I've not seen any leaks (have checked beneath the car both at home and in the work car park) but I thought it was strange that the level is under the minimum line.

I am having to take the car back to the dealer for an on-going issue with the stereo/audio cutting out so I will probably get them to check the fluids as well (they owe me for all the issues).

As above mate it's by no means uncommon for the level in the expansion tank to go below the mark. Having some coolant on the shelf is dead handy so it won't go wasted.. I would bet a good wedge there is no leaks. Remember also if there were the fluid could drop onto the under tray and evaporate. But there won't be any leaks ...

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Do you have to dilute it at all? The ford manual says 50/50 with water for my Fiesta.

• 1 year later...

Hi I have a 2008 Ford fiesta zetec which coolant should I use? 

6 hours ago, XxnatashaxX said:

Hi I have a 2008 Ford fiesta zetec which coolant should I use? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174333276989?epid=1042080905&hash=item289712b33d:g:Zc0AAOSwMD1gErU0

send a message to vospers with your reg number and ask them, pretty sure you want the one i linked or something specced WSS-M97B44-D

i had orange color in mine so i bought the orange motul ready to use from opie oils as i wasnt sure what color the ford one in the blue bottle was and didnt want to mix colors lol  but yeh its same spec stuff https://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-903-motul-auto-cool-inugel-optimal-car-antifreeze-coolant-ready-to-use-37c-protection.aspx

I just bought 5L Xstream Comma G30 for my Mk6.5 Fiesta 1.6 tdci after putting my reg in the Comma website. I got the concentrate because i will mix with 5L distilled water to make 10L mixture because my Golf takes the same. I got it from amazon. Comma is linked to the car manufacture to make sure you get the right spec.

• 1 year later...

Hi there, 

Had the car for a while, today went to add washer fluid and noticed that the antifreeze/coolant tank is also in between the MIN and MAX marks in my 2017 Fiesta. Have attached an image.

Would you suggest adding further antifreeze up to the MAX mark? At the moment the weather is quite cold, and I know that antifreeze will expand once engine reaches temperatures but thought I would check since whenever I've usually glanced at the tank in the past it has been near the MAX line, and I'd like to avoid any potential problems!  

If so, what coolant is advised as I can see there are various colours (red/pink/orange) available, I'd like preferably a ready to use mix. Any particular brands that are better/conform to Ford standards (I couldn't see anything about this in the owners' manual - seems 'All' brands are OK)?  What happens if you mix Red/pink antifreeze into one that is orange - any harm?

I've seen a few available from Halfords or Euro car parts when I enter my registration so is it a case of just buy any of the recommended ones and top up? I believe the correct type is "OAT". I've asked some friends and they have recommended the Triple QX Red Antifreeze from ECP (1L or 5L variants). 

Apologies if this has already been answered here, just thought to get some clarity! 

Many thanks

IMG_20221104_161501.jpg

If the engine is cold that's fine, it's also fine if the engine is hot. As long as it's between max and min don't worry, but for peace of mind keep an eye on it.

• Like 1

I would buy a 4 litre bottle of Prestone 'ready to use'.

Amaze your family and impress your friends, as not only is it an excellent antifreeze, but you can mix it with any antifreeze already in your car's system.... or indeed anyone's car.

Cheap at Toolstation at the moment, otherwise Tesco stocks it and sometimes have it on offer.

Just to be clear - check your level when cold, and I'd put it to 'max'.

• Like 1

I don’t know the difference in prices but bear in mind if you buy ready to use you are buying antifreeze and water. I don’t know how much it’s been diluted, perhaps 25% antifreeze and 75% water?  So if that is the mix ratio and you pay more for 4 litres of ready to use than you would for 1 litre of concentrate then you are paying more.    I don’t know the exact mix ratio and price difference,  I just saying this needs to be taken into account when looking at the price.

• Like 2

You should always be careful when mixing different antifreeze, especially the older glycol based and newer OAT antifreezes, you could end up with a cooling system full of sludge.

2 minutes ago, KenM said:

You should always be careful when mixing different antifreeze, especially the older glycol based and newer OAT antifreezes, you could end up with a cooling system full of sludge.

Exactly why Prestone is always the answer.

On 11/4/2022 at 5:58 PM, orangecurry said:

I would buy a 4 litre bottle of Prestone 'ready to use'.

Amaze your family and impress your friends, as not only is it an excellent antifreeze, but you can mix it with any antifreeze already in your car's system.... or indeed anyone's car.

Cheap at Toolstation at the moment, otherwise Tesco stocks it and sometimes have it on offer.

Just to be clear - check your level when cold, and I'd put it to 'max'.

Great thanks for this suggestion - have picked up a 1L bottle and see how that goes down. Got it for a decent price in Screwfix. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club