Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Add Extra Wire For Power Fold Mirror Ford Focus 62 Plate

adey80

I have a 62plate Ford Focus titanium, I just bought second hand power fold mirrors with puddle lamps, I have also bought the 4 way switch with mirror fold button, my car already has 4 way electric mirror global closing etc. what I need help in is that I have read an extra wire has to be added to enable the power fold terminal 14 on plug to the driver mirror. Which is the best way to put the wire into the terminal block? What gauge wire is best? Or will it be easier to get an auto electrician to do this?

• Like 1

have you checked all the wires are not already there? was considering power fold on mine but there were more than 1 wire missing on mine,

different spec car different harnesses. think the drivers door module controls the power fold on yours.

I have a 62plate Ford Focus titanium, I just bought second hand power fold mirrors with puddle lamps, I have also bought the 4 way switch with mirror fold button, my car already has 4 way electric mirror global closing etc. what I need help in is that I have read an extra wire has to be added to enable the power fold terminal 14 on plug to the driver mirror. Which is the best way to put the wire into the terminal block? What gauge wire is best? Or will it be easier to get an auto electrician to do this?

Hi.

I've created a guide with links to all required supplies on installing projector logo ford puddle lights which involves routing additional cable through to the front doors,

Link: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/46244-guide-fitting-ford-projector-puddle-lights-mk2-mk25-focus-05-12-front-doors/

This guide may help you when installing the new mirrors as the principles are the same; obtaining a courtesy light positive.

You may also like to view my full list of guides can be viewed on my profile page:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/user/14733-lenny/

Or

If your using the forum App follow this link:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/68214-full-list-lennys-guides/

• Like 1

Thanks for quick reply, I haven't looked at what wires are there as its raining so was just asking in advance, will let you know asap when I tackle it tomorrow. I'm hoping the wiring will be there

• Like 1

Thanks for quick reply, I haven't looked at what wires are there as its raining so was just asking in advance, will let you know asap when I tackle it tomorrow. I'm hoping the wiring will be there

If its any use; my focus started life as a Style in 2010 doesnt have wiring for puddle lights from factory.

How do you insert the wire into the terminal block? Do you just push it in or does the end have to be crimped?

• Like 1

How do you insert the wire into the terminal block? Do you just push it in or does the end have to be crimped?

The cable would have one of the plugs crimped on to it, then it would slide in to the plastic connector block where the plastic locks it in place,

You can purchase a replacement block from ford if desired and leave it looking factory but nobody's going to see it inside the door panel.

I didnt use the terminal block for my aftermarket install i run a new cable from the interior footwell light loom to the door cavity, stripped the cables and used some inulated crimp spade connectors.

As we are refering to mk3 focus, then unfortunatly lennys guide wont be any use to you I doubt.

looked at wiring diagram for you and non power fold is wired up conventionaly through mirror switch, but power fold is wired up to a door control module, so not surr how your going to get fold activating via global closing or via switch with button.

Will have another look tomorrow to see if theres a way round it.

• Like 1

As we are refering to mk3 focus, then unfortunatly lennys guide wont be any use to you I doubt.

looked at wiring diagram for you and non power fold is wired up conventionaly through mirror switch, but power fold is wired up to a door control module, so not surr how your going to get fold activating via global closing or via switch with button.

Will have another look tomorrow to see if theres a way round it.

Ah rite,

I live in Ireland so i didnt know what 62 plate ment,

I saw his profile status said focus 2008 and went with that.

• Like 1

No worries, I saw his profile to and saw 2008 focus.

62 plate = sept2012 to feb 2013 registered.

• Like 2

Just updated my profile, hope this helps a bit

• Like 2

Just updated my profile, hope this helps a bit

i have messaged you with wiring info for you to see the non power fold and power fold, im no electrical expert but dont see how the fold willl operate.

but if anyone has mangaed to retrofit mk3 , im sure they will comment on here

• Like 1

Just fitted the mirrors and new module with power fold button electrics work but mirrors don't fold in, I can move them with my hand? And puddle lights do not light up ( do they work at night only?)

Pics I took of the power fold mirror with case off hope it helps

post-11562-0-89106400-1434279318_thumb.j

post-11562-0-06674200-1434279376_thumb.j

Drivers door pin

post-11562-0-07351300-1434279575_thumb.j

• Like 1

Just ordered a modified elm327 to get the puddle lights working and see if it will make the power fold work

• Like 1

Well I got the elm327 connected and got the puddle lights working, any one got an idea if the mirrors are powerfold from the pics I posted earlier?.

Also what is the best led bulb for my puddle lights?

Many thanks for any advice/help

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club