Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta MK 7 - A World Car !!!!

ramonford

Someone here was missing light for passangers in back of the car, maybe you can DIY as "msnealo" from Australian ford club :) (pics are pretty big for forum so here are the links)

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n89/msnealo/IMG_0159.jpg
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n89/msnealo/IMG_0160.jpg
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n89/msnealo/IMG_0147.jpg
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n89/msnealo/IMG_0158.jpg
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n89/msnealo/IMG_0145.jpg
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n89/msnealo/100_5280.jpg
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n89/msnealo/100_5284.jpg
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n89/msnealo/IMG_0162.jpg

It is wired into the front dome so it can be switched on and off and it only lights on with the door opening.

What I`m missing is 6th for highways and better sound insulation of rear wheels - there is missing part of "foam" that is insulating cabine and rear wheels from little stones flying off the wheel and in winter it is pretty annoying when the road is covered with mixture of snow and little rocks. I`ll need to sort it out somehow....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ramonford

• Flic

• paulworthing

• TurboZutek

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to find at least one happy and contented MK 7 owner.

By the way as far as I'm aware most of the Mk 7's do cancel the left turn indicators, so this can hardly be accepted as a fault. All you have to do is take the car to the dealer and get it sorted.

Acutally a lot of mk 7s left indicators dont switch off as I found out in my survery a few months back:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index...mp;hl=indicator

and I did take it back to the dealer, who found no fault, I even made a technican come out with me on a test drive whom admitted that there was an issue after all and that it was a design fault and that I should be using the one touch indicators more to get round this.

I do like Sarc's jelly baby dispenser idea. Possibly a better location for the aux in and power thingy (sorry dont know the technical term - the bit I plug the sat nav charger into) Otherwise I love my little car.

I don't even have my car yet - but I would have thought a 1.6 auto would have been an option...surely? I had to opt for the 1.4 which I know (before I've even taken delivery) is not going to be powerful enough when I do need the power, ie; overtaking and pulling away quickly at busy roundabouts.

I believe Ford are offering a 1.6 auto with twin dry clutch (similar to the superb VW DSG box) in the States next year when the car goes on sale there.

As for other 'enhancements' for the car - I'll wait & see once I've taken delivery.

only fault i say ford made was not releasing an 1.8 engine fiesta or 2.0 engine fiesta, leaving people wanting more power to go with mountune, which sounds like it is having issues

other than that, looks like a great supermini, the last mk6 fiesta had the ride and handling, just the looks put the car down, but now with the kinetic styling the car looks great

I don't even have my car yet - but I would have thought a 1.6 auto would have been an option...surely? I had to opt for the 1.4 which I know (before I've even taken delivery) is not going to be powerful enough when I do need the power, ie; overtaking and pulling away quickly at busy roundabouts.

I believe Ford are offering a 1.6 auto with twin dry clutch (similar to the superb VW DSG box) in the States next year when the car goes on sale there.

As for other 'enhancements' for the car - I'll wait & see once I've taken delivery.

Exactly right.

The 1.4 auto is quite unsuited to doing the job, and don't let anyone tell you other wise.

FMC have enough sense to only offer the 1.6 with a different auto box, for the US market. Ask yourself why?

"I'll wait and see" too late then your already committed. Ask before you buy.

The auto box is power hungry just look at the emissions and petrol consumption to prove a point.

Does anyone know why the 1.6 can't be married to the auto box?. I suspect it's one of size limits under the bonnet.

And what about a 'Jelly Baby Dispensing Machine'? I'd buy a car just for that option! :blink:

Sarc.

I quite believe it, which only goes to prove my point.

Like Michelle, I like my car just the way it is. If you have an issue with the car then buy a different one. That's why there are about a million different car manufacturers! Nothing can be perfect, but I spent alot of my hard earned cash on mine and I'd feel more than a little let down if I could pick alot of faults. The one thing I would have liked is a USB connection, but that was my choice to get a stock car and not wait. I can live with it :) My Fabio is perfect just the way he is!

Like Michelle, I like my car just the way it is. If you have an issue with the car then buy a different one. That's why there are about a million different car manufacturers! Nothing can be perfect, but I spent alot of my hard earned cash on mine and I'd feel more than a little let down if I could pick alot of faults. The one thing I would have liked is a USB connection, but that was my choice to get a stock car and not wait. I can live with it :) My Fabio is perfect just the way he is!

Thanks for your advise that I should buy a different car. But you are way off the mark and have completely missed the object in starting this thread.

By the way I don't know where you get your facts from but I feel sure that there are no where near "about million different car manufacturers" at the last count.

Just glade to hear that you believe your Fabio is perfect, and long may it continue to be so.

You represent the ideal FMC customer.

Thanks for your advise that I should buy a different car. But you are way off the mark and have completely missed the object in starting this thread.

By the way I don't know where you get your facts from but I feel sure that there are no where near "about million different car manufacturers" at the last count.

Just glade to hear that you believe your Fabio is perfect, and long may it continue to be so.

Now come on Flic ... if we've told you once we've told you twenty billion times not to exaggerate! ;) :D

Sarc.

Haha chill out man. Those were MY personal opinions and indeed you are way off the mark to feel in any way that it was a direct attack at you. So don't go on the defensive at me, no need. I was merely saying that I am pleased and proud of my car. You've clearly made this thread to cause some sort of controversy otherwise you wouldn't keep us in "suspense" over your views on the vehicle. Of course there aren't "twenty million" car manufacturers, someone needs to learn to take a joke and read posts in the light hearted manner they were intended.

We like our cars, get over it.

Now come on Flic ... if we've told you once we've told you twenty billion times not to exaggerate! ;) :D

Sarc.

Praise the lord, someone with a sense of humour :D;)

Only criticisisms i have of this car is firstly the design of the ipod/usb connection. It would have been a lot better if one connection was needed instead of having a jack and usb. Also, the actual placement of the connection makes it impossible to put your ipod anywhere decent..

Also the seats moving forward to let someone in the back. Mine seems to !Removed! up everytime!

Other than that, fantastic car!

Come to think of it, this thread is a little "against the grain" for this forum.

I'd much prefer to partake in a discussion of things I like about these cars - I'd have far more to say that way.

Haha chill out man. Those were MY personal opinions and indeed you are way off the mark to feel in any way that it was a direct attack at you. So don't go on the defensive at me, no need. I was merely saying that I am pleased and proud of my car. You've clearly made this thread to cause some sort of controversy otherwise you wouldn't keep us in "suspense" over your views on the vehicle. Of course there aren't "twenty million" car manufacturers, someone needs to learn to take a joke and read posts in the light hearted manner they were intended.

We like our cars, get over it.

Don't throw your toys out the pram

Don't throw your toys out the pram

How very juvenile of you! You can dish it out but can't take it back. Figures :)

Come to think of it, this thread is a little "against the grain" for this forum.

I'd much prefer to partake in a discussion of things I like about these cars - I'd have far more to say that way.

Too many threads do nothing to promote thought and make people think.

You might not like it - someone once said "If it's too hot in the kitchen......."

If you want to discuss the colour of your car and whether it should have a jelly bean dispenser or pink powder puffs, then feel free to start another thread.

How very juvenile of you! You can dish it out but can't take it back. Figures :)

Your comments are noted. you have just endorsed my point.

Too many threads do nothing to promote thought and make people think.

You might not like it - someone once said "If it's too hot in the kitchen......."

If you want to discuss the colour of your car and whether it should have a jelly bean dispenser or pink powder puffs, then feel free to start another thread.

I don't mind heat in this metaphorical kitchen - I just don't like people spitting in my food.

I was one of the first people in the UK to get the New Corsa when it first came out.

Everything on that car worked perfectly*. So why does the New Ford feel that in some ways it's half finished? Documentation, software and firmware all look throughly rushed. Other minor features (like the blind spot mirror on the wrong side and the "sometimes cancels, mostly doesn't" left indicator) just seem to indicate that this car wasn't tested fully (or not tested at ALL in the UK); or some bright spark would have pointed it out. It's a bit of a shame - an awesome package with one or two little niggles that just show up laziness or apathy on behalf of the comapny.

Chris...

* It sucked in other ways, though! :lol:

I don't mind heat in this metaphorical kitchen - I just don't like people spitting in my food.

Make a constructive point then and give us the benefit of your thoughts on the subject matter