Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta MK 7 - A World Car !!!!

ramonford

Fiesta MK 7 - A World Car !!!!!

How many things can you list that you would like to see improved on this car that are considered to be bad design. I can name at least 10 without trying. How about you.

Roll on the Mk 8 - pdq

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ramonford

• Flic

• paulworthing

• TurboZutek

Top Posters In This Topic

A more flexible manufacturing process and scheduling system to ensure better delivery times in all markets

1.Electric windows in the rear 5door CL

2.6th gear

3.More rev range in 1st and 2nd (my pug 205 GTI puts this to shame)

4.Rear passenger map light

5.Rear Speakers in the 5 door CL

6.Bluetooth as standard

7.Front bumper to have more impact cushioning

8.Temp gage

Ps. Id be pretty stoked if my car had this.

I would have thought for your ramonford - buying a different make and model would be high on your list

Haven't got my car yet so can't really comment ... but cheaper prices, (or at least not so many price increases), would be a major help.

Also, not sure if it's feasible or not, but surely heated 'side windows' would come in handy. It's alright being able to clear a frozen front screen in moments, but you still have to physically scrape or defrost the side windows. And what about a 'Jelly Baby Dispensing Machine'? I'd buy a car just for that option! :blink:

Sarc.

A more flexible manufacturing process and scheduling system to ensure better delivery times in all markets

I hardly consider this to be a bad design problem with the car.

It may well be considered to be a criticism of the FMC in their inability to supply all market requirements in a time scale acceptable to the customer.

Looking on the positive side, the delay in supply may well give you opportunity to re-consider your position.

You need to accept there wont ever be a "perfect" car. If there was - we would all be driving round in it now would we not?

As for your comment about roll on MK8 - be waiting a !Removed! long time for that. Atleast another 5 years...

I would have thought for your ramonford - buying a different make and model would be high on your list

I don't think that answers the question at all, do you???

You need to accept there wont ever be a "perfect" car. If there was - we would all be driving round in it now would we not?

As for your comment about roll on MK8 - be waiting a !Removed! long time for that. Atleast another 5 years...

I do, but what about your answer to the question

I hardly consider this to be a bad design problem with the car.

It may well be considered to be a criticism of the FMC in their inability to supply all market requirements in a time scale acceptable to the customer.

Looking on the positive side, the delay in supply may well give you opportunity to re-consider your position.

Well, you can't really blame that one Ford since ALL motor companies downscaled operations for the recession. They weren't expecting the significant increase in new car sales from the scrappage scheme.

I would like a reading light in the rear, sturdier materials used within the cabin and for car mats to be included as standard!

What are your 10?

I like my car just the way it is - except I would like a left turn indicator that cancels off.

I like my car just the way it is - except I would like a left turn indicator that cancels off.

Have Mountune sorted your wheels yet Michelle?

* A stereo which is less !Removed!

* A small diesel engine which has more punch in the low range and isn't based on a 10 year old 8 valve design

* A left turn indicator that cancels off!

* A grab handle on the driver's side

* Better customisation of the car by the car's internal computer (more options, please!)

* A Manual NOT full of errors, omissions and unclear information.

That's really it! I don't think any of the above is too much to ask at this price-point.

Nice to find at least one happy and contented MK 7 owner.

By the way as far as I'm aware most of the Mk 7's do cancel the left turn indicators, so this can hardly be accepted as a fault. All you have to do is take the car to the dealer and get it sorted.

What are your 10?

Thought I would let you all bat first before I trot out my list.

* A stereo which is less !Removed!

* A small diesel engine which has more punch in the low range and isn't based on a 10 year old 8 valve design

* A left turn indicator that cancels off!

* A grab handle on the driver's side

* Better customisation of the car by the car's internal computer (more options, please!)

* A Manual NOT full of errors, omissions and unclear information.

That's really it! I don't think any of the above is too much to ask at this price-point.

A sensible and interesting reply.

I'm surprised that more people in general have not commented on the handbook.

Perhaps they have not taken the trouble to read it.

1.Electric windows in the rear 5door CL

2.6th gear

3.More rev range in 1st and 2nd (my pug 205 GTI puts this to shame)

4.Rear passenger map light

5.Rear speakers in the 5 door CL

6.Bluetooth as standard

7.Front bumper to have more impact cushioning

8.Temp gage

Ps. Id be pretty stoked if my car had this.

Re the following points.

3. By rev range do you mean torque, because if not then the car is quite cable of reeving to it's maximum in 1st and 2nd gears with out any trouble. You can't expect any more than maximum

7. Have you had any opportunity to prove this is in fact necessary.

Nice to find at least one happy and contented MK 7 owner.

By the way as far as I'm aware most of the Mk 7's do cancel the left turn indicators, so this can hardly be accepted as a design fault. All you have to do is take the car to the dealer and get it sorted.

See comment below

Have any other owners had similar problems to these with non-cancelling indicators.

I'm surprised that more people in general have not commented on the handbook.

Perhaps they have not taken the trouble to read it.

Of course not - I am a bloke afterall!!!! :lol:

Of course not - I am a bloke afterall!!!! :lol:

Perhaps there should be two versions of the handbook.

One written specially for us Blokes, this would not have any printed pages in it, only blanks so we could use it for crayoning in.

Perhaps there should be two versions of the handbook.

One written specially for us Blokes, this would not have any printed pages in it, only blanks so we could use it for crayoning in.

And lots of pictures of cars going very fast . . . . :lol:

I'm a bloke too - which is why the FIRST thing I do is read the handbook for any complex device I have to operate. That's how you... LEARN about stuff. It's how I learnt the Corsa I had before had total closure by turning the key left in the lock as you close the car (not published in any sales literature that I saw) - little things like that you learn by having a read.

But not with this handbook, because it's gash.

Chris...

And lots of pictures of cars going very fast . . . . :lol:

You and I now talk the same lingo.

But not with this handbook, because it's gash.

Chris...

I don't think it's even as good as this - do you!!!!!

On second thoughts perhaps we should not knock it, after all this "master piece" could well become a collectors item in the too distant future when the FMC realise what a mess it really is.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club