Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Puncture Anyone?

10corsham

Hello

I am waiting for A 3 door Fiesta Automatic (Style+) ...about a couple of weeks now!!

I understand that it comes with a puncture repair kit and a spare wheel will cost extra. Does anyone know the exact cost of the spare. Or should I not bother and make do with the repair kit?

Any advice on this?

We've had a few discussions about this recently, and personally I opted for the actual 'spare wheel', rather than the shaving foam. (From what I've heard, if you get sidewall damage then it's useless - and even if the tyre can be repaired, I think it is totally trashed anyway once you get to a professional repairer, so you may need to buy a brand-new tyre).

The spare wheel is supposed to be an extra £30.00 (if you order it before your car is delivered) - though I personally managed to get it thrown in for free, (as well as getting the standard six months road tax raised to 12 months). It's worth asking your dealer anyway!

If you do order the spare wheel, they'll take away the repair kit though ... it's either one or the other.

Sarc.

Personally i would take the spare wheel option for what it costs.You can always buy a puncture repair kit elsewhere anyway.

check your local scrappie for a mk4/5/6/7 spare with a decent tyre

Thank you forum for the advice. What is the situation with a toolkit... Is one supplied?

Thank you forum for the advice. What is the situation with a toolkit... Is one supplied?

I wouldn't think so...........if you havn't got a spare wheel then whats the good of a jack and wheelbrace ;) But you will get a toolkit with the spare wheel option

I wouldn't think so...........if you havn't got a spare wheel then whats the good of a jack and wheelbrace ;) But you will get a toolkit with the spare wheel option

Yes, I think that's what I heard too. No tool kit supplied, (apart from a screw-in towing bracket) if you have the 'tyre repair kit'. But if you get an actual spare wheel then you get a carjack and wheel brace etc. to go with it, - although I'm sure they will be quite basic so you may want to get a stronger wheel brace sometime.

Sarc.

Having the spare wheel will save you alot of aggrevation in the long run. If you get a puncture along the side of the tyre, which if its a fast puncture is just as likely as one on the bottom of the tyre then the kit will be useless, and you will either have to have someone come out and bring you a spare tyre, or have your car towed

Wouldn't be without it