Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta St180 To Focus St250

Barryh1988

Hi all,

I have a Fiesta ST3 64 plate from new with the MP215 pack and have been tempted lately to trade it in for a focus ST 2012 plate. (not sure ST1, 2 or 3)

Has many people made this step and was their expectations met? As most i have 215 pack but lust after more power, i achieve an average of 38MPG.

Whats the focus like?

MPG, and anyone with the MP275 pack?

thanks.

Edited by Stoney871

Have you test drove the focus? I went for the fiesta instead of the focus as it feels just as fast on the roads, and feels more fun. The focus has more power, but is heavier, so didnt feel like it hard more over the fiesta. Would be a size thing for me, do you need a bigger car or not.

Haven't had a chance to get to my local ford, but hopefully next week I'll have a chance for a drive in the focus.

And size isn't really an issue for me just was thinking about more power etc.

Fiesta St-3 Mp215

I'll be changing from Fiesta ST-2 to Focus ST-3 soon :)

• Like 2

The Fiesta st-3 Mp215 must be a close call against the focus St-250ps, with the weight difference

Yeah think the 0-62 on fiesta 215 and standard focus 250 is around 6.5 sec.

But then it's not too much to get the focus up with the mp275 kit.

Mabie I should go all out and get the pumaspeed top pack on my fiesta have it putting out over 300bhp :p

Fiesta St-3 Mp215

Yeah the book times are very close. You can't feel the difference, atleast couldn't on the test drives. The focus torque steers more standard then the fiesta mp215, so I'd expect the mp275 focus to magnify that. But it's how it stops and corners to. You can feel the focus is heavier. Very nice car. But I have no regrets getting the my mp215. 300 in fiesta would be over kill I'd say, what the mr kit for fiesta?

Mr230, has a cam adjustment along with inter cooler and full exhaust system. Mabie once my warranty has ran out but it's around £2000 though.

Fiesta St-3 Mp215

I'll be changing from Fiesta ST-2 to Focus ST-3 soon :)

I'm looking into this Nathan, but a St-3 to St-3. Do you mind me asking how much extra it's gonna cost monthly ?

I'm looking into this Nathan, but a St-3 to St-3. Do you mind me asking how much extra it's gonna cost monthly ?

In my circumstances about £100/month more.

Mr230, has a cam adjustment along with inter cooler and full exhaust system. Mabie once my warranty has ran out but it's around £2000 though.

Fiesta St-3 Mp215

Yeah I am planning on getting the exhaust when it becomes available again. Then when my warrentee runs out go the rest if i keep car that long. But tbh it more then quick enough for as it is now.

In my circumstances about £100/month more.

Okay cheers Nathan

• 9 months later...

Just joined the forum was looking for a MPG thread. I have a 2016 focus ST3. As for the comparison between the mountune fie start and the standard focus st unless you require the extra space like I do I'd stick with the fiesta it would be just as quick if not quicker and much more nimble not to mention cheaper running costs. 

I'm on here to try and find out what other people are getting mpg wise from the focus. I'm getting average 20 mpg and that not hooning it either. I've only don't 300 mile so hoping it will get better im also only running it on v power.

I apologise if me asking this on this thread ain't the done thing, I'm new to all this forum stuff so before anyone jumps on me please just point me in the right direction if I'm in the wrong place. 

20 mph seriously? Bit worried what I'll get from the RS now😂

See my parts for sale on thread "philf1s Spirit Blue Fiesta ST180 parts for sale"

20 does seem a bit low, I'm getting 25 and I do lots of short journeys...

1 hour ago, Philf1 said:

See my parts for sale on thread "philf1s Spirit Blue Fiesta ST180 parts for sale"

Just to let you know, I hate you, why? check your signature picture :wub:

On topic, the Fiesta is plenty fast enough, better handling, lighter and cheaper, I only have a 1L Eco but when I first got it, it was fast compared to my 1.4 Clio 2002, now I have had it I have got use to the extra power/turbo, the same will happen if you get the Focus I think.

Just to let you know, I hate you, why? check your signature picture :wub:

On topic, the Fiesta is plenty fast enough, better handling, lighter and cheaper, I only have a 1L Eco but when I first got it, it was fast compared to my 1.4 Clio 2002, now I have had it I have got use to the extra power/turbo, the same will happen if you get the Focus I think.

😇

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club