Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retrofits For Mk3 Focus

STUG38

Well finally got rid of the 2008 MK2.5 Focus Titanium TDCI and moved onto a 2014 Focus Titanium Navigator 1.0 ecoboost. Was disappointed to find it didn't have some of the toys I expected. Mainly DRL. But my question to anyone in the know is what can be retrofitted easily to this car and what would affect the remaining two years warranty?

You can fit the triangle DRL's off eBay, they will not effect your warranty.

Fit in the triangle bumper inserts

• Like 1

They are available from Ford for around £230. Also available are fog lights with intergrated DRL's, neither would affect your warranty.

Fit in the triangle bumper inserts

Oh I understand. Thanks for that! :)

Thanks everyone. Ordered the DRL that Preee recommended. Does anyone have any ideas about the reversing camera that links to the Sony nav screen. Think the titanium x has it. Is it possible to add to titanium? Thanks.

There are two control units between the camera and the stereo, also needs to be 5" screen with input. And wiring harness. Our Russian friends have managed to change the firmware for the 4.2" screen to convert a video source, but very hard to get a hold of.

Thanks. Not as simple as just plugging a camera into the stereo then. Just realised the drl I ordered from the link above won't be suitable for my titanium as the panels are gloss and the drl are matt. Anyone know of any gloss ones on eBay? Thanks

I thought you said you were bothered about your warranty being affected Stu? I would have paid the extra and bought the genuine Ford units if i had 2 years warranty remaining.

I think the genuine DRL's have the gloss panels, there pretty expensive though.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone. Ordered the DRL that Preee recommended. Does anyone have any ideas about the reversing camera that links to the Sony nav screen. Think the titanium x has it. Is it possible to add to titanium? Thanks.

Hi, Stu, just wondered if you'd received those DRL's and if so what are they like fitted - are they bright enough?

Hi Joe. Yeah I ordered the lights. Waiting till the holidays to fit them. Chris. Thanks for the info. How did you fit yours? Bit unsure about where to put the 12v wire and the wire to dim to 50%. Any advice much appreciated. Thanks

I've been looking into this myself trying to decide whether to go for the funky angled DRL's like you guys have, or just to get some straight ones and mount them similar to how Ford do There are loads of guides on here - in one post somebody has uploaded the fitting instructions for the Ford units which should be the same as for fitting/wiring up these (roughly). I do know that the power has to come directly from the battery, and the wire goes to the sidelights feed i believe.

Here's that post: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/61380-focus-mk3-oem-ford-nolden-drl-fitting-instructions/

Thanks. Ive read the same info as you. But in some guides I've seen people use an 'add a circuit' to piggyback off fuse 42 in the engine compartment. Any idea which is the sidelight wire? Not keen on splicing into wires or using scotchlocks. Are there any other ways to get the side light feed?

Are these lights ok to go straight to the battery positive? I have nothing in fuse 42 to piggy back from.

I'd go with what the Ford Nolden guide from the previous posts states, unless you got differing instructions with the lights you bought.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club